Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2016 6:53:59 PM EDT
I stopped by Windham Weaponry during an open house event showcasing the new indoor range.  Great bunch of folks and a fantastic store and range.  I demoed four mags of 7.62x39 through their new AR prototype.  It had the MI fore-end and a nice gray coating.  Good trigger and tight fitting components.  Definitely want one.  Brought the wife and kids,  and they had a blast.  Minimum age for the range is ten years old.   Here's a  pic of some WW uppers and lowers and other components in the raw.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of their 308 rifles.  Excellent quality rifle.  Accurate.  Easily upgrade-able.    

Thanks for sharing OP!  I'm glad you and your family had a good time!
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm really glad to see these guys back in the business. I'll always have a warm spot for the original Bushmasters. They were the best AR I could afford back in the day. We really do owe Windham Bushy, DPMS, Armalite/Eagle & even Olympic a bit of gratitude for keeping on when the AR wasn't popular.

I've seen a few of the Windham guns. The fit & finish is attractive, not that it matters much on an AR.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The lowers that are finished with the trigger and safety holes drilled
What stage of finish are they in are they ready for anodizing?
Assuming they are milled and finished on the inside.
Or is there another process before they go to anodizing?
Thanks
Tom
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm really glad to see these guys back in the business. I'll always have a warm spot for the original Bushmasters. They were the best AR I could afford back in the day. We really do owe Windham Bushy, DPMS, Armalite/Eagle & even Olympic a bit of gratitude for keeping on when the AR wasn't popular.
View Quote

This.  Quality Parts (Bushmaster) was one of the go-to places for parts before the market took off.  I bought a couple of WW 14.5" barrel kits (pinned and welded extended FH, handguards) on sale recently for some low-dollar builds, and they are just fine.

My first AR was a naked muzzle 16" HBAR with a C7 (A1 sight and handle) upper.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have their .308. It's very underrated. Just as good as other $2000 rifles I have handled. And their customer service and spare parts availability is awesome !
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't answer, not knowing all the steps.  I know they blast them and hard anodize them prior to the nitrate process.  I'm guessing they hand inspect the lower and ensure all flashing and tooling marks are removed and the dimensions are within specs.  Probably also go over it with a brush of some sort to check for debris?  
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I stopped by Windham Weaponry during an open house event showcasing the new indoor range.  Great bunch of folks and a fantastic store and range.  I demoed four mags of 7.62x39 through their new AR prototype.  It had the MI fore-end and a nice gray coating.  Good trigger and tight fitting components.  Definitely want one.  Brought the wife and kids,  and they had a blast.  Minimum age for the range is ten years old.   Here's a  pic of some WW uppers and lowers and other components in the raw.  http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/SyPHERAO/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160611_085835647.jpg

View Quote

After seeing hundreds of images of black or FDE rifles, that naked AR looks sexy as hell. Not exactly "tactical". But damn. Wonder how that would look all polished up and shiny like a big rig's fuel tank or rims.

OK, sue me. I like shiny things.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I've seen some pretty sweet raw builds,  not my thing but definitely cool.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top