Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:47:26 PM EDT
I just wanted to share my awesome experience with a product I used for letter filling.

I've used paint and it's a pain. Someone gave me a little packet of Sugru and I decided to do both of my Glock's lettering in it. Check it out. The lettering took all of 3 minutes a pistol and is perfect and rated high temp. It has quite a few more benefits but I don't work for them so I'm not willing to do the research and paste it here.

www.sugru.com
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics.......or it didn't happen!  
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

. It has quite a few more benefits but I don't work for them so I'm not willing to do the research and paste it here.

www.sugru.com
View Quote
you should anyway and post pics

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I used crayon
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had a few and have never posted pics here before so I'll take a stab at it tomorrow.. As far as the benefits go:

It has a long life while in the package. A year or so.
After opening it, it's like play dough. When you think about it, it's perfect to wipe away from something like lettering. But it's also awesome for so many more things because when it dries it turns soft and grippy. There are lots of suggestions on the site but I just tried it out on the pistols and a laptop charging cable that my pups decided to chew up.
The high and low temps of tolerance are amazing. You could use it on a pot for boiling water and could use it in the Arctic.
It comes in several colors.

Im thinking about doing the back end of a Geissele SD-E next.. The AR it's installed on has a lot of red accents so why not try out the trigger?
If you don't like it, it can be removed unlike cerakoting..

Just a suggestion for you all. I think it could have several uses for our ARs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard crayon will melt at high temps.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics.......or it didn't happen!  
View Quote

...or at least a hot link or it didn't happen...   www.sugru.com  ...which is kinda weird
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've heard crayon will melt at high temps.
View Quote
crayola is pretty durable stuff

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:02:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry guys, I'm new to the posting thing but not the reading and definitely not the buying, modifying, and shooting.

I just wanted to share how cool this stuff is. I have no real interest in spamming or the product selling. It just worked great for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm having a super hard time uploading a pic. Do I have to link to it instead of an actual upload?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I fill in the lettering on a lot of my stuff. Testors paint. Real easy

v
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I use this.

Works great.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I used crayon
View Quote

+1. Has held up very well so far. Was planning on using paint on one lower if the crayon didn't hold up, but is has(for last few years).

What's the deal with the weird Sugru link? Can we get actual pics of the outcome verses an "Amazon" type link?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use this.

Works great.
View Quote

Ditto. Works great and lasts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

+1. Has held up very well so far. Was planning on using paint on one lower if the crayon didn't hold up, but is has(for last few years).

What's the deal with the weird Sugru link? Can we get actual pics of the outcome verses an "Amazon" type link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used crayon

Yeah mine held up really well also, its been on for over a year now with no issues. Pretty easy to remove also if you want, just some WD40 and elbow grease gets it right out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm having a super hard time uploading a pic. Do I have to link to it instead of an actual upload?
View Quote

Seriously? Click below:

http://bfy.tw/5QF1

Scroll down to #3. I use www.imgur.com.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top