Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2016 1:58:20 PM EDT
I saw a place selling nickel boron uppers and other parts, but the pic of the upper looked almost tan. Does it look like chrome in person? Would it match pretty good with an in the white lower?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw a place selling nickel boron uppers and other parts, but the pic of the upper looked almost tan. Does it look like chrome in person? Would it match pretty good with an in the white lower?
View Quote

There are some out there that are Cerakoted on the outside, with NiB inside the BCG raceway.

My question about NiB raceways is how they will support lubrication.

A Mil-spec/Mil-Std upper receiver has dry film lube baked into it in the raceway, which is a great suspension surface for lubrication.

The most important area for me to see NiB on is the charge handle latch slot on the outside of the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO have the upper you want cerakoted to the color you want.  Different makers NiB coating will look slightly different.  I have seen dark grey, a silvery color, even a slightly greenish hue.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone post pics?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Google Images-----nickel boron AR-15.      Hundreds of pics.   Look pretty damn good to me!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to Henderson Defenses post and see what he thinks of the NO LUBE required coatings in the upper assembly.It did not sound too impressive to me. Craig
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone post pics?
View Quote

Google
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
NP3, same color as NB I believe.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top