Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:40:37 AM EDT
Debating on a purchasing one of the M153GN18 rifles and looking for any owners or shooters insight, I have seen this rifle in action one time and was highly impressed from the brief time I saw it in action. Any info and especially durability reviews would be appreciated, from what I've seen it appears to be a crazy accurate rifle loaded with a ton of factory equipped options straight from Armalite.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Armalite makes good rifles.  If that one is configured the way you want, and the price is right for you, get it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Armalite makes good rifles.  If that one is configured the way you want, and the price is right for you, get it.
View Quote

Was very impressed with what I was able to see on this rifle, anyone know how durable these rifles are?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like you might find those in the $1400-$1500 range which doesn't sound bad for that particular model.  Doesn't look like it does too bad in pro competition either.  I'm not a 3-gun interest guy, but it still looks like a nice rifle for other things too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I own one.  

I have not owned it very long and do not have a lot of rounds through it so I cannot really speak to the durability of it.  I have not had any issues with mine.

It is the sweetest shooting rifle I have ever shot.  It is very accurate but not the most accurate AR15 rifle I own.  However, I think it is still breaking in and I need more time shooting it.

For the 3gun competitions I do the 13 inch rifle would have been better.

I bought mine for less the $1400 and I went with this rifle because it did come with everything I wanted on a competition rifle.  I have only added a scope and mount.

I have other Armalite rifles, one of which I have had for 20 years and the durability has been great.

It is an impressive rifle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I own one.  

I have not owned it very long and do not have a lot of rounds through it so I cannot really speak to the durability of it.  I have not had any issues with mine.

It is the sweetest shooting rifle I have ever shot.  It is very accurate but not the most accurate AR15 rifle I own.  However, I think it is still breaking in and I need more time shooting it.

For the 3gun competitions I do the 13 inch rifle would have been better.

I bought mine for less the $1400 and I went with this rifle because it did come with everything I wanted on a competition rifle.  I have only added a scope and mount.

I have other Armalite rifles, one of which I have had for 20 years and the durability has been great.

It is an impressive rifle.
View Quote

Can you please elaborate on the what accuracy problems you are having on the rifle, and is it built solidly as I've never had the opportunity to handle one but was extremely impressed with what I was able to see of it in action.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]
It does not have accuracy problems, it is just not my most accurate AR15.  It shoots just above a 1 MOA.  I expected it to be more accurate than that and I have a feeling that with more shooting it will get better.   I did follow Armalite's break in instructions.  While shooting 3 gun accuracy is not an issue; I do very well on the rifle portions of the stages.  But, the rifle stages in our local matches are not challenging.  I can also ping steel at 550 yards with both 55gr and 62gr ammo consistently.  

I think it is built very nicely.  The barrel is very nice.  I do not see any imperfections.  Everything seems solid to me.  Fit and finish is good.  The trigger is great!  The comp is great!  The However, I am not sold on the stock yet.  There are a lot of moving plastic parts on it.  But, it is very flexible and I think I finally adjusted it to fit me well.  

I do not regret my purchase at all except the one with the shorter barrel would probably fit my needs better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It does not have accuracy problems, it is just not my most accurate AR15.  It shoots just above a 1 MOA.  I expected it to be more accurate than that and I have a feeling that with more shooting it will get better.   I did follow Armalite's break in instructions.  While shooting 3 gun accuracy is not an issue; I do very well on the rifle portions of the stages.  But, the rifle stages in our local matches are not challenging.  I can also ping steel at 550 yards with both 55gr and 62gr ammo consistently.  

I think it is built very nicely.  The barrel is very nice.  I do not see any imperfections.  Everything seems solid to me.  Fit and finish is good.  The trigger is great!  The comp is great!  The However, I am not sold on the stock yet.  There are a lot of moving plastic parts on it.  But, it is very flexible and I think I finally adjusted it to fit me well.  

I do not regret my purchase at all except the one with the shorter barrel would probably fit my needs better.
View Quote

Thanks for the info, and the stock was also the only thing I wanted to change myself as well upon buying a 3gn18.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top