Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2016 4:24:09 PM EDT
So I picked up a couple sets of these at a gun show earlier this month and have come up empty with Google. It's the two pins, Bolt catch, selector, and mag release.

Does any one know who made, or makes these Parts? They appear to be  high quality.

IMG_3349 by Deer Hunter, on Flickr" />

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What metal are they made from? I like the looks of them, very "clean".
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks NiB coated or maybe titanium
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Im not sure what it is, it looks like electrodes nickel maybe, it is a coating though. They are real nice, I got them in a box of parts ranging from retro to new manufacturer stuff...

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the German import parts from 10 or more years ago. The selector would not rotate fully unless you removed some to clear the receiver bump.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like the German import parts from 10 or more years ago. The selector would not rotate fully unless you removed some to clear the receiver bump.
View Quote
This sounds right. There was some German paper attached to a black trigger guard in there. I can't remember the company name. I'll look in a bit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like possibly Oberland Arms. I think I have some of their AR10 parts too. Could t find a pic of these but saw similar looking designs on their site. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The trigger guards were different in the way they attached with two inside o-rings and a slip in pin.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are some nice looking lower parts.  I like the smooth looking magazine lever release part.  Actually everything looks machined very well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like possibly Oberland Arms. I think I have some of their AR10 parts too. Could t find a pic of these but saw similar looking designs on their site. Thanks!
View Quote

Yeah

http://darowden.com/markings/rm_oberland.htm

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah

http://darowden.com/markings/rm_oberland.htm

http://darowden.com/markings/mmimages/rm_oberland1.jpg
That's it.  Thanks guys!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top