User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2016 3:34:02 PM EDT
Anyone know how this was accomplished?

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Install the hand guard cap behind a low-pro or cut down gas block, IIRC.  There's been a couple threads on it from long ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
It would appear in this picture that the handguard cap is against the rear of the comp. It does not look like there is room for a gas block or that it would be positioned over the gas port.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, just a hand guard cap behind the low pro gas block.  For a clear example, look up the Core 15 100429 AR15.  It has the regular M4 hand guard installed from factory, using a lo pro gas block and end cap.  Just swapped the hand guard out for a friend and installed a moe guard in it's place.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
That must be it, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I did something very similar with a 300blk barrel for hunting.

I used a shaft clamp off Amazon and stainless steel spacer. Turned out great and locks up pretty solid. Several days back and forth to my ladder stand and didn't work loose.

Final product

What it looks like under, a little ugly but you can't really tell once complete

So very pretty!!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
hera arms gen 1 linear comp if that helps
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top