Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2016 12:56:14 PM EDT
I have a quick question on this trigger. I have a built .223/5.56 lower that I use on multiple uppers for hunting as well as 3 gun. My question is with this 2 stage trigger where does the reset fall? Is the reset at the beginning of the first stage so you have the entire 2 stage pull to break each shot or is the reset closer to the beginning of the 2nd stage? I hope this makes sense. Any help would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine definitely resets closer to the second stage.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a quick question on this trigger. I have a built .223/5.56 lower that I use on multiple uppers for hunting as well as 3 gun. My question is with this 2 stage trigger where does the reset fall? Is the reset at the beginning of the first stage so you have the entire 2 stage pull to break each shot or is the reset closer to the beginning of the 2nd stage? I hope this makes sense. Any help would be great. Thanks
View Quote

I have two SSAs and both reset (ETA near the start after double checking) of the first stage or so close it feels like they do. I'm sure it's for safety reasons but it doesn't slow me down if I want to shoot fast follow up shots. The 1st stage on one SSA feels slightly shorter than the other one I purchased, but not by much.

I assume they are hand honed so each one has very slight differences in stage length, pull weight, 2nd stage creep etc. One of them has been used a lot more than my newer one and breaks a little crisper, but not by much. They are still close enough to their intended specs that I will keep buying them though.

The 1st stage is short and that combined with a fairly light total pull weight(4.5#), I have no issue shooting fast by just squeezing through both stages quickly. The beauty of the two stage is long range shooting though. IMO the SSA is the best do-it-all but do-it-well AR combat/SD trigger.

I have used one of my shooting buddies POF with it's very light single stage trigger and I wouldn't feel comfortable having a light single stage on my SD carbine. It was easy enough to get used to but it has startled me a couple of times touching the trigger after lining up the sights on target. I'm glad I'm a firm user of the four gun safety rules.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have two SSAs and both reset near the start...<snip>

View Quote

Same on mine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top