Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:06:04 AM EDT
They seem to make left hand uppers for a few calibers including 7.62 x 39. Are they reputable? Where are they made? And will it work on any AR lower or is it proprietary?

http://moriartiarms.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=71_120&product_id=272
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them. They are new.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
With the current rise in firearm sales, every Tom, Dick, and Harry is looking jump in and get a piece of the pie. The upper in your link describes a low profile gas block but the pic shows a gas block with an integrated picatinny rail section. Furthermore, it is made of aluminum which is a bad place to try to save weight, especially on a heavy stainless bull barreled upper with a quad rail. They are known to erode and lead to premature issues. They also don't specify which type of anodizing was used. That is often an indicator that the lesser quality method was used to cut costs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Too many reputable manufacturers out their to waste your money on a company you've never heard of that might not be around next year.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to start a company called Sherlock Holmes Arms.
That way I'll already have a nemesis.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
they state it's DPMS compatible.

Bruce
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Check my limited (15min) research into them. It's in my second post in the thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/686589_Reputable_companies_.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Exactly why I checked here first. There are plenty of reputable builders of which I have no experience with.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm wrong-handed, as well, and consider a normal right-handed upper to be more favorable for a lefty.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#9]
If you must have a lefty rifle I suggest going with Stag or RRA.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm going to start a company called Sherlock Holmes Arms.

That way I'll already have a nemesis.  

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not Stag Arms?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I found at least three arrest reports on the owner Juliya Weisbrot with a simple Google search of her name.

I say RUN!

ETA: If you stick with forum vendors, you'll have a much better chance of good customer service.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you must have a lefty rifle I suggest going with Stag or RRA.
View Quote

I have a stag, I like it. I just special ordered a LH Noveske (sort of). I was curious because the 7.62x39 opens up a lot of options for a low cost yet powerful round. I'm contemplating a stag 6.8 and will ignore the 7.62 until a reputable manufacturer like Stag picks it up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I found at least three arrest reports on the owner Juliya Weisbrot with a simple Google search of her name.

I say RUN!

ETA: If you stick with forum vendors, you'll have a much better chance of good customer service.

http://openpasts.com/photo/juliya-weisbrot/broward-florida/10472599376610
View Quote

+1. WOW, this is pretty funny. I'm not sure why people consider such no-name companies for something like a rifle. "Has anyone heard of [Enter BS name here] Arms?" Not to be rude, but if you're wondering and asking that, then likely 1 out of 1,000,000 people have heard of them, and there is likely a reason for that. News spreads like wildfire through this industry, so even if a new company starts, if it's worth a damn, many would have already heard about it. I'm being sincere when I say this; do yourself a favor and buy BCM or Colt. If you really want a left hand specific rifle, consider Stag. Good luck OP, and keep us posted
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I would even wonder if they make their own parts or just source them all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would even wonder if they make their own parts or just source them all.
View Quote

I don't wonder that at all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Non tech
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top