Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 11:24:08 PM EDT
I have two Palmetto State Armory PA 15s, same make and model one has what looks like laser engraved in white 1/7 NATO 5.56 on the barrel, the other gun has 1/7 NATO 5.56 stamped into steel of the barrel, are they the same barrels, made by the same manufacturer?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have two Palmetto State Armory PA 15s, same make and model one has what looks like laser engraved in white 1/7 NATO 5.56 on the barrel, the other gun has 1/7 NATO 5.56 stamped into steel of the barrel, are they the same barrels, made by the same manufacturer?
View Quote

That's really not enough information to tell you anything. What SKU did you purchase? Were they purchased as full rifles? If so - link?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
They are complete rifles still in the box. Bought them at near by gun shop.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are complete rifles still in the box. Bought them at near by gun shop.
View Quote

Are the barrels chrome lined or are you able to tell? If they are the bare bones M4gery then they are either the PA Freedom line or the premium line that uses barrels made by FN. If they have older stock, they may have had the PSA Classic rifles - though I don't remember who made those barrels.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Pictures please
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pictures please
View Quote

Which PSA complete uppers don't have their logo next to the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures please

They're random. Some uppers do have the logo, some uppers don't.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
?

Is there a particular reason you dont ask PSA?

I would bet that they're not manufactured by the same company if one is laser and one is rollmarked.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#8]
both of the Freedom uppers my buddy bought had the white laser engraved markings, all the other barrels(CHF, Premium, and a CL non premium) I've gotten from PSA are engraved
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, you could ask in Palmetto's Industry Forum.  If a company has a forum here, you can expect to get a pretty fast response from them on technical matters like this.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks.I'll ask them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top