Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2015 4:26:45 PM EDT
I am surprised this has not gotten more attention as I have seen tons of people asking about the Troy PDW Stock.  Regardless of your feels on them, I personally have found the CMT PDW lower to be a much better alternative to any of the iterations of the PDW lower.   It doesn't require a proprietary BCG, comes with the buffer, buffer spring, takes standard AR lower parts, fully ambi, billet, and you can actually get a cheek weld on them.  
Behold

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am surprised this has not gotten more attention as I have seen tons of people asking about the Troy PDW Stock.  Regardless of your feels on them, I personally have found the CMT PDW lower to be a much better alternative to any of the iterations of the PDW lower.   It doesn't require a proprietary BCG, comes with the buffer, buffer spring, takes standard AR lower parts, fully ambi, billet, and you can actually get a cheek weld on them.  

Behold

http://i.imgur.com/26qfezb.jpg?1

View Quote

It's so....permanent
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
They are very nice, but most are going to that style of stock for the reduced length and that one's not that much shorter than a conventional stock.  I'd still like to have one though, just don't have the $650 to spend at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
$150 more than msrp on the Troy kit. and the carrier itself isn't really a wear item so I don't think that should be considered a fault if its proprietary. That angled buffer tube shroud is cool though and undoubtedly is ergonomically superior.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Behold

View Quote
Looks long for a pdw stock. How far behind the receiver does it extend?

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Behold

Too long, if I remember from a previous post it's about the same length as a UCIW. The battle arms variant is shorter, but I'd need to measure the Troy to see how close it is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Behold

Not sure.  I'll take a tape measure to it tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Definitely a cool build.  Watch out for your light, though, being right next to the brake ports.

Regarding the CMT lower vs others, there are a few drawbacks that keep me from wanting it.
. Collapsed length first seem any shorter than the LWRC Ultra Compact stock (which I feel is superior due to cost and weight)
. The lower cannot be fitted with a conventional stock, to the best of my knowledge.  When a better mousetrap comes along, this lower is stuck at being what it is.
. Collapsed length is longer than other PDW style stocks out there, which is the whole point of these stocks.
. Cost.
. MVB also has a PDW stock that uses a standard BCG and is much much less expensive.

I'm sure the ergos are better on this are better than other PDW stocks out there, but it's longer.  The ergos probably aren't any better than the LWRC stock, which is cheaper, lighter, and comparable with any AR lower out there.  You can also remove any of these stocks for another stock in the future.

No doubt it is probably a quality piece, and will work well.  However, I still feel there are better answers out there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top