Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:05:59 PM EDT
So @ the LGS I'm @, we have a Bushmaster, fixed front sight, bayonet lug, and removable carry handle.  Standard forward assist, Brunton bump, and dust cover.

The DPMS has no sights, no bayonet lug, no forward assist, no Brunton bump, and no dust cover.  You can buy two for the price of the Bushmaster.  In fact, the DPMS is less than the price of either of the carbon framed rifles.  Even the .308" DPMS Gen 1 we have is a couple hundred bucks less than the .223" Bushmaster.

I think both of the DPMS rifles are pretty decent deals.  I sell them regularly.  I have no idea how to sell the Bushmaster.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bushmaster will eat any ammo you feed it. Always reliable.

Thats my experience.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
According my LGS because it's the weapon of choice for crazy mass shooting people... Seriously... They tried to tell me that BM's are hard to keep in-stock because everyone wants them due to the trunk snipers and the CT dude using them.

Personally I wouldn't buy a BM or a DPMS for that matter. My minimum bottom of the barrel go to brand has always been Smith and Wesson but I normally buy Colt's, Daniel Defense or Noveske's. That said any of them will eat up your ammo.

Buy one of those Colt OEM rifles for $750~850.00 and set it up the way you want it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Both have been known to have tight chambers. DPMS Is known for sharp parts and corners being cut, canted fixed sights/ rails.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According my LGS because it's the weapon of choice for crazy mass shooting people... Seriously... They tried to tell me that BM's are hard to keep in-stock because everyone wants them due to the trunk snipers and the CT dude using them.

Personally I wouldn't buy a BM or a DPMS for that matter. My minimum bottom of the barrel go to brand has always been Smith and Wesson but I normally buy Colt's, Daniel Defense or Noveske's. That said any of them will eat up your ammo.

Buy one of those Colt OEM rifles for $750~850.00 and set it up the way you want it.  
View Quote

This is what I would guess also. My LGS doesn't carry either brand but, we get customers asking about them all the time. The lower priced models we carry are S&W, a few PSA's on occasion, and Armalite's. Other than that, our best sellers are DD, BCM, KAC, LMT, and Noveske's.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing. Both are lower end rifles IME.

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what I would guess also. My LGS doesn't carry either brand but, we get customers asking about them all the time. The lower priced models we carry are S&W, a few PSA's on occasion, and Armalite's. Other than that, our best sellers are DD, BCM, KAC, LMT, and Noveske's.
View Quote

Not to take this thread off topic, but is your LGS an LMT dealer? Mine tried for the longest time, but LMT kept saying no. Apparently they're super picky about their dealers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They will soon both be made at the same plant
View Quote

Exactly, both BM and DPMS are Freedom Group brands and are being consolidated to lower costs.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything fro the Freedm Group if it can be avoided.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in MD and they wrote Bushmaster into their latest law, so it is a non-starter. DPMS is available. I like their Lo Pro slick side upper. I have used them on several builds.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly, both BM and DPMS are Freedom Group brands and are being consolidated to lower costs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They will soon both be made at the same plant

Are AAC and Remington included in this? They both belong to Freedom Group.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not to take this thread off topic, but is your LGS an LMT dealer? Mine tried for the longest time, but LMT kept saying no. Apparently they're super picky about their dealers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I work at the Gun Gallery of JaX and we currently have 5.56 LM8 and LM8 MWS in stock. Cliff at Joint Force Enterprise is also local to us and I just sold a pretty cool looking LM8 MWS that was dipped in Black Multicam. Not sure if we have any uppers in stock but, we typically only stock the 10.5" upper cause we have a lot of customers that are into clones.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, I work at the Gun Gallery of JaX and we currently have 5.56 LM8 and LM8 MWS in stock. Cliff at Joint Force Enterprise is also local to us and I just sold a pretty cool looking LM8 MWS that was dipped in Black Multicam. Not sure if we have any uppers in stock but, we typically only stock the 10.5" upper cause we have a lot of customers that are into clones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What clone is the 10.5" used for?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

None.

I think he meant he sells the 10.5 since its close to a 10.3
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

An incorrect Mk18?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

None.

I think he either meant 10.3 for the CQBR and Mk 18, or he sells the 10.5 since it's close to a 10.3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None.

I think he either meant 10.3 for the CQBR and Mk 18, or he sells the 10.5 since it's close to a 10.3

LMT only makes a 10.5, not a 10.3
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None.

Yep. I missed the LMT part Originally
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#16]
So many better choices than Bushmaster or DPMS . The Colt 6920 that you can find at some Walmarts for $1000 is way better as far as quaility.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:33:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  So many better choices than Bushmaster or DPMS . The Colt 6920 that you can find at some Walmarts for $1000 is way better as far as quaility.
View Quote

A Colt is worth two DPMS?  My S&W option (no dust cover) is another $150 over the DPMS.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top