Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2015 5:30:32 PM EDT
COLT M4 with FSB OEM

COLT M4 w/shaved FSB

Okay, this is a good move from COLT, finally. Now they just need to get rid of some of their offerings and just simplify their product line a little more, as they have a lot of offerings that don't really make sense.  COLT needs to catch up to what's being done in the market and branch out into other barrel profiles other than the M4 PROFILE and GOV PROFILE that they are stuck on.  Why is it so hard for COLT to realize that they would have huge hits if they released some OEM models like the following:

14.5" LWT OEM with pinned FS.
14.5" OEM with a NOVESKE N4 profile w/pinned FS.

(I know people will call me on this, but I'm still partial to the carbine gas system on the 14.5" barrels.  The above carbine should be made available with either a standard FSB or with a SHAVED FSB.  Bam!  Profit!)

16" 6720 LWT OEM with a MIDDY gas system.
16" MIDDY with a NOVESKE N4 light profile barrel.

(Once again, they could offer the standard FSB or a shaved FSB. Bam! Profit!)

They can keep their ICONIC rifles (M4 and M16A4)in their standard configurations for those that want that specific look. There's just something about a standard M4 and a standard M16A4 that make them cool to have.  I would want one of each, but there is only so much money to go around.

In addition, it would be awesome if they could offer some COLT CANADA models.  Boom!  More profit!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd never buy any pinned flash hider nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why not?  I have a friend that has a 14.5" Noveske N4 light upper with pinned FS and it's a nice handling carbine.  This was during the time when you could actually call Noveske and request that the upper be built a specific way (Yeah, this was a looong time ago).  He ordered it w/out a delta ring assembly and a Noveske lo-pro gas block.  He then went with a 10" Centurian FF rail.  His completed rifle is a thing of beauty.  But, that's just me, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea screw all that being legal malarkey.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two pined 14.5" carbines.
I also live very close to a state line and fuck having the ATF bullshit if I want to cross the state line with them.
Way too much fucking government already.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
They could make a nice profit if they'd just sell stripped lowers and a few other choice parts.  An "OEM" lower half like those, at a competitive price would sell a lot IMO.  Another "OEM" kit to offer would be an "OEM" lower half along with an upper receiver and BCG.

If they want something cheap and easy to sell, bring in the plastic Diemaco rear sight.  Those probably cost about $2 to make, they could sell a zillion of them if they'd sell them cheap.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, guys, can we keep this thread on-track, please? Thank you for your cooperation.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, Gamma, how ya been? As for the stripped lowers, I completely agree. But, for whatever reason, they don't wanna sell them and opt to only put out complete lowers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top