Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2015 11:07:50 AM EDT
I feel those little "C" clips are going to fall off of my pins with the resultant loss of a pin at a critical moment.  Is there a fix besides the "C" clips?

Thanks

Bob
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a cheap pair of anti-walk pins from Amazon for my son's rifle (he has a Timney drop-in modular trigger that likes to walk pins). The pins aren't super tight, and have some side-to-side play, but they are a workable fix for $11 shipped. LINK . For a traditional FCG (i.e. non-modular), I would recommend spending the extra on KNS pins (what I have on all my rifles with JP triggers in them).
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I feel those little "C" clips are going to fall off of my pins with the resultant loss of a pin at a critical moment.  Is there a fix besides the "C" clips?

Thanks

Bob
View Quote

You must have an older CMC trigger.  The newer models utilize a retention screw that keeps the pins from walking.

Either see if you can get these newer retention screws/pins from CMC...or go the KNS route.  Heck, the ones in the above post look like the CMC pins/screws.  Why not just give them a go?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top