Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2015 8:46:17 AM EDT
I recently bought the flash hider on the left. It looks like a BE Meyers but the relief cuts are not teardrop shaped and the bottom of the slots are rounded. All the other dimensions are the same. It is well machined and weighs the same (+/- a .01 of an oz) as the FH I compared it to on the left, so its not a pot-metal knockoff. The shine thats on it are smooth spots and some power/carbon residue on it, the finish does not look as rough in person.

The bottoms and inside are identical including the bevel at the back of the flash hider where the threading starts and even down to how the threading ends inside and it transitions to the hole.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Where did you buy it?  That one looks rough.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a knockoff.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I already thought it might be airsoft, however all of them have the teardrop relief and have 14mm threads. Also from what I have read they are noticeably lighter than a real one.

Fake airsoft part:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Does it have the notches on the inside of the tenons for vibration dampening?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, and they look the same as the marked one.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it have the notches on the inside of the tenons for vibration dampening?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's a knockoff.....
View Quote

Especially if it doesn't say BE Meyers on it.

Even if it did, it might be a fake; w/o it it probably is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw that on the EE, you snatched it up pretty quick!  

::shrug::

I have an earlier, confirmed B. E. Meyers four prong flash suppressor from before they were available for wide commercial sale (you could still get them, they just didn't market them to wide retail through distributors) - it has the same chalky, speckled finish and no "B. E. Meyers" or any markings at all on it as the one that you have, though it does have the teardrop shaped recesses, and the flatter end between the tines, as in the photograph of the marked version.  

My inclination would be to say that assuming that it's properly 1/2x28 threaded, it's probably a legitimate, albeit earlier version of the B. E. Meyers.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have an earlier, confirmed B. E. Meyers four prong flash suppressor from before they were available for wide commercial sale (you could still get them, they just didn't market them to wide retail through distributors) - it has the same chalky, speckled finish and no "B. E. Meyers" or any markings at all on it as the one that you have, though it does have the teardrop shaped recesses, and the flatter end between the tines, as in the photograph of the marked version.  

My inclination would be to say that assuming that it's properly 1/2x28 threaded, it's probably a legitimate, albeit earlier version of the B. E. Meyers.  

~Augee
View Quote

How does the Prototype version compare?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]
My guess is it's an early unit.

It looks like it's been home parkerized.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
My thought all along was it was a prototype or a special run due to the quality and similarity of the machining. I have also seen early B E Meyers that came in bag with a sticker that had a part number on it, on the flash hider itself there were no markings
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not contact B.E. Meyers, and ask them?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

I haven't seen any of the new ones in person since they've been being offered for commercial sale, but the NT4 Prototype mount has a different finish from the early flash suppressor that I have.  

The tines are a little bit different on the Prototype mount, but most of that is in order to mount the suppressor and collar.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I've owned one of these BE Meyers flash hiders before. It was pretty hefty and assumed it was an early version.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top