Posted: 1/15/2015 1:16:26 AM EDT
...What do you think about them??
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That's what I was thinking but didn't want to be “that guy". Since you already are let me contribute this.......

The answer to your question lies here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking but didn't want to be “that guy". Since you already are let me contribute this.......

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Neat. Never saw that kind of Google search before.  Good stuff there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
OP:

Del -Ton Sport here.  Several hundred rounds of brass and steel, only one issue:  got a TulAmmo casing stuck in the chamber.  Had to hammer it out with a cleaning rod.  Bought a chamber brush after that and I tend to fire brass now.  No problems since.  

I'm no operator but I am confident with my Del-Ton.  You can be too.

Whittaker Guns had an outstanding buy for Del-Ton Sport rifles posted on their facebook page the other day:

https://www.facebook.com/whittakerguns/photos/a.145018178907109.37627.126644327411161/776807855728135/?type=1

($439.99)

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Good quality, very good value.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#6]
~500 of steel and brass cased through my DelTon with zero issues at all. So far it's behaved better than my BCM actually. Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several del ton kits from a few years back and they run just fine. Very accurate too. Aroun the same time I built severl for friends too. They've been happy as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:58:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Have one of their uppers, great product, would buy from them again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:24:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good quality, very good value.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a Mid length chrome lined HBAR kit from them about a year ago for $450 as my first AR.  Put it on a spikes lower.  It's been a great rifle. I have about 450 rounds through it now and no issues whatsoever.  Most of what I've been shooting has been Independance 5.56 xm193 and my Hornady 55gr SP hand loads, with some Winchester 5.56 55gr thrown in while I was at an out of town range.

The kit went together very nicely with no issues.  It arrived nicely packed.  The LPK was as good as any of the others I've worked with (spikes, PSA, Red Barn custom).  The only upgrade I put on it was an Ergo grip.

I'd do another DTI with no reservations.

For reference, I've put together several other AR's...a middy Dissy from PSA, a Stag 3GH, and from scratch 7.62x39 and I'm building a 308 right now.  I also have to brothers in law and between us we've built about 20 AR's.  The first AR I shot was in the  early 90's and it was a Colt HBAR.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought an Echo 316 just before the Sandy Hook shooting occurred. Other than the lower and parts inside not much of the original rifle remains but I've always been a hotrodder so anywhere I felt I could improve on it I did, much like my vehicles. I would not hesitate to buy another one though and am currently building another rifle based on a Del-ton stripped lower.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So far it's behaved better than my BCM actually. Go figure.
View Quote

My god man, are you allowed to say that in here???
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So far it's behaved better than my BCM actually. Go figure.

I know. And I hate to say it too. Particularly since the Del-Ton was $525 total and the BCM was over $1300.

Hoping that more rounds downrange will fix it...probably just needs to be broken in more. And I'm still 110% happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Googling like that with "site:ar15.com" works a lot better than the site search function.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I used a DTI barrel on a build before. It works just as good as my dept issued Colt LE6920. I never had any issues with it. I'm currently building another one and planning to use a DTI 14.5" barrel. They are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I would definitely buy from Del-ton again.   I bought a LW kit from them a few years back.  I free floated the barrel and now it shoots sub MOA with Hornady 55vmax ammo.  

Thumbs up in my book.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#17]
How do these compare to the psa rifles?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How do these compare to the psa rifles?
View Quote

Reliability for me has been perfect for both. I have 2 del ton uppers an 3 PSA(1 is a 6.8). I would actually say that my Del Tons are slightly more accurate than the PSA's. (All CHF's)

I haven't ahot them a whole lot though. Maybe a thousand or 2 thousand through each
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a Del-ton LW middy barrel kit thats been on 2 diff uppers. Zero issues after aprox 8-900rds. Shoots just fine regarding accuracy. Gooder nuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top