Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2015 9:32:59 PM EDT
http://shopruger.com/Ruger-Elite-452-MSR-Trigger/productinfo/90461/

was comparing some handguns between ruger n S&W n this was on rugers site.  hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere before.

my guess is honestly it will be ok, but nothing special. it's strange to see ruger really getting into the AR-15 though, their own pistol grips, polymer sights, and now a custom trigger.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting find..
It comes with a grip and plastic housing to
check trigger mechanism...which bumps up
the price to $160
Rather have a Larue, Mega, or Geissele trigger ;-)
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
agreed, i'm not really sure where they're going with this, it's priced too closely to competitors products for people to take a chance on it i think. may not be a bad idea for them to start putting them in some of their own rifles out of the box though, then people can review them from there.

my guess is it will be a decent trigger, but i like to think that geissele and LaRue have some sort of craftsmanship behind them whereas something like this is probably just being mass produced at higher quality standards.

it's entirely possible i'm wrong on both assumptions, but for now that's how i look at it. and yeah the plastic housing so you can dry fire it? who cares?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
http://shopruger.com/Ruger-Elite-452-MSR-Trigger/productinfo/90461/

The Ruger® Elite 452™ MSR trigger is the perfect upgrade for any Modern Sporting Rifle*. This new two-stage trigger offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 lb. trigger pull and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers. The Ruger® Elite 452™ also features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and includes a safety selector and all necessary pins and springs for easy installation. Packaged with an ergonomic, optimized trigger-reach, polymer pistol grip, the Ruger® Elite 452™ is shipped fully assembled in a polymer fire control housing which allows the trigger to be dry-fired prior to installation, and the assembly can also serve as a trigger manipulation training tool. * Fits any MSR receiver with .154" trigger/hammer pins.

$159.95

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
if they had packaged it with an ambidextrous safety selector instead of a standard one, i'd honestly consider it a good value since apparently the pistol grip is useable, it doesn't seem like an amazing grip, but it's better than an A2 and that counts for something.

i just think ruger needs to sweeten the pot if they want people to take the plunge on what is potentially a shit product with no reviews.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to have that housing they put it in just for breaking in trigger groups, trigger practice, and observing operation.  It would be nice if they sold that separately.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of people will buy it just because it is made by Ruger and they do not know about all of the mall ninja options out there.  Most of those people will probably never look past their purchase and be perfectly happy with it for the rest of the time they own their Ruger rifle.  Too many people don't understand that there are several levels of available market that can be tapped.  As long as the customer is happy, that is all that matters.  If everyone hates it, or feels ripped off, they will stop buying these, leading to the product being dropped by Ruger.  I doubt that happens.

Same goes for the new trigger being made for the 10/22.  It was not designed to compete with Kidd, VQ, and all those other people that make aftermarket 10/22 triggers.  It was designed for regular old 10/22 owners that simply want a better trigger than what comes in their stock rifle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
all these haters and no 1 has tried it. typical!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a Ruger hater. I love my SR 556. But why take a chance on an unknown comodity when Geissele SSA triggers are within $10 and ALG Geissele's are priced lower and have past the test of time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not a Ruger hater. I love my SR 556. But why take a chance on an unknown comodity when Geissele SSA triggers are within $10 and ALG Geissele's are priced lower and have past the test of time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

love my Sr556 as well, it has the SSA in it, and agree with what you are saying about price point
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've yet to see any post that I would consider a haters post. It's simply a fact, there are already proven options readily available in a very similar price range.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  http://shopruger.com/Ruger-Elite-452-MSR-Trigger/productinfo/90461/

The Ruger® Elite 452™ MSR trigger is the perfect upgrade for any Modern Sporting Rifle*. This new two-stage trigger offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 lb. trigger pull and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers. The Ruger® Elite 452™ also features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and includes a safety selector and all necessary pins and springs for easy installation. Packaged with an ergonomic, optimized trigger-reach, polymer pistol grip, the Ruger® Elite 452™ is shipped fully assembled in a polymer fire control housing which allows the trigger to be dry-fired prior to installation, and the assembly can also serve as a trigger manipulation training tool. * Fits any MSR receiver with .154" trigger/hammer pins.

$159.95

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/DrHeckel/Mobile%20Uploads/b019eb4f5b10b0997d786f85dd5b092b_zpsba1a9eb5.jpg
View Quote

http://www.feinsteinproject.org/loes/effortbloomberg/effortBloomberg.html

They just gave me the bottom half of my plastic brick lower.  Bit expensive.  But folks aren't going to need those little polymer pieces after they install their new trigger...
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've yet to see any post that I would consider a haters post. It's simply a fact, there are already proven options readily available in a very similar price range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and Ruger isn't exactly known for the quality of their stock triggers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#13]
well maybe its better than a SSA and i want to practice my tacticool trigger mojo on that bad boy.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm curious as to why they're including all the parts for the safety. If it's a drop in replacement, we already have a plain Jane safety, and if it's a new build, chances are you got one in your LPK, so what's the point?

That's why I think they should have made it an ambi safety. If they threw that in with the pistol grip I think they may get some people to pick it up on value alone. I don't even have need for any ambidextrous controls, but it's percieved value would be higher I think.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Well okay, I'll bite.  I just ordered one, The Warden (Wife) has a standard GI trigger on her Daniel Defense M4,  I will slip this into hers she likes my CMC and my Tac-Con (Both are modular) this will be the first 'bare' trigger for me.

Hey somebody has to buy one!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:12:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd like to have that housing they put it in just for breaking in trigger groups, trigger practice, and observing operation.  It would be nice if they sold that separately.
View Quote

yep.  

note that this is  not good for precise fitting a trigger though as that will be proper to the lower.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well okay, I'll bite.  I just ordered one, The Warden (Wife) has a standard GI trigger on her Daniel Defense M4,  I will slip this into hers she likes my CMC and my Tac-Con (Both are modular) this will be the first 'bare' trigger for me.

View Quote

right on! let us know how it compares to the CMC, i've always heard good things about them so if it stacks up favorably or comparably maybe ruger will manage to sell these things, once people start reviewing them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:00:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Well okay, I'll bite.  I just ordered one, The Warden (Wife) has a standard GI trigger on her Daniel Defense M4,  I will slip this into hers she likes my CMC and my Tac-Con (Both are modular) this will be the first 'bare' trigger for me.

View Quote

If you can be induced to part w/ that trigger shipping container, we might be able to come to terms.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I expect I'll keep the housing/container so I can store and test the regular, try to smooth it, test again.

The Ruger trigger shipped yesterday so I'll have it early next week.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Wonder if any retailers will have this as the street price may be lower?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#21]
As stated by others I'm really more interested in that little housing thing personally. That would be a nice thing for the tool drawer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As stated by others [color=blue]I'm really more interested in that little housing thing personally[/color]. That would be a nice thing for the tool drawer.
View Quote

Same here...hopefully either theyvsell them individually or another company sees the desire for something like this in the market and produces one.

Hmm...who's really good with plastics? That's right Magpul, get to it! And keep it under $20
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Same here...hopefully either theyvsell them individually or another company sees the desire for something like this in the market and produces one.

Hmm...who's really good with plastics? That's right Magpul, get to it! And keep it under $20
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As stated by others [color=blue]I'm really more interested in that little housing thing personally[/color]. That would be a nice thing for the tool drawer.

Hiperfire has one listed on their website for $20. Ad your own grip and safety selector.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hiperfire has one listed on their website for $20. Ad your own grip and safety selector.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dealer only - not for reale.    http://www.hiperfire.com/hipertouch-demo.html
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#25]
http://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/rifle-accessories/ar-trigger-hammer-jig.html

Strike Industries has a hammer trigger jig with cutouts so you can see the sear and operations. $39.95.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Very cool..definitely more than I want to spend, by about $15-$20 but I may still pick one up.....actually I think I'll wait to see if Ruger offers theirs first but I have this one bookmarked. Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#28]
The New Phone book is Here! Wait that should be my new Ruger trigger is here,  The housing is really neat it has a good hard plastic grip.  Te grip is better than a stock A2, but not as good as a later Magpul MOE.  It is swelled some, way better than stock.  If I was a Ergo fan, or any other fan, I'd put what I use regularly on this housing.  The housing itself offer a very good view of the trigger and hammer functioning.  Trap the trigger to the real, recock the hammer, and slowly let the trigger ease forward and watch the reset.  Beautiful!

Oh the trigger itself, super good!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  The first stage just fells like take up, very easy, a little long.  The second stage very short and crisp.  Very Nice

I just can't see a person not liking this trigger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Just for FYI, this is the same trigger Ruger ships with the SR-556VT.  It is a really solid 2-stage trigger and has a very similar design and feel to the Geiselle G2S.

As I've said in another thread, I expect we'll be able to buy these from places like Midway USA for something like $99.  I don't see them on the Midway site just yet but I think they'll be on there eventually.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just for FYI, this is the same trigger Ruger ships with the SR-556VT.  It is a really solid 2-stage trigger and has a very similar design and feel to the Geiselle G2S.

As I've said in another thread, I expect we'll be able to buy these from places like Midway USA for something like $99.  I don't see them on the Midway site just yet but I think they'll be on there eventually.
View Quote

That's not very comforting since that rifle was recalled for having a trigger that is unsafe
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's not very comforting since that rifle was recalled for having a trigger that is unsafe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has no bearing on the matter.  A certain batch was recalled due to an improper heat treatment.  It would be different if it was deemed to be a defective design.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a heat treat issue with the disconnector.  Ruger recalled all those guns and/or shipped new disconnectors out to take care of that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like Joe Bob will have them for $129.95....

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Looks like Joe Bob will have them for $129.95....

View Quote
I'd be in for one at that price.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:19:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

that's good info to know, makes looking up reviews much easier. i'm surprised ruger didn't imply that before, unless it was to avoid the bad publicity of the bad batch from before.

at $100 i think i'd finally break down and buy an aftermarket trigger, nothing wrong with my mil spec ones personally, but for the price with the housing that i can sell and grip, it would just be too good of a value
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ALG trigger is not an upgrade.  I'm not sure how anyone who owns one could compare it to anything but a GI trigger.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#37]
I am satisfied with the trigger itself, as good as a Geissele to me, and the housing is a great tool.  Sure I'd like it at a cheaper price, but I'm okay with it at full price.

If you have not been following I did buy the Ruger 452 trigger group.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#38]
It's no Geissele or RRA two-stage. It's not terrible. Second stage isn't super crisp, and the reset is a little long.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's no Geissele or RRA two-stage. It's not terrible. Second stage isn't super crisp, and the reset is a little long.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/muad_dib1982/09D6F3F8-6FC1-4F5A-8AA8-355EFCCC2C76_zpsqop2djno.jpg
View Quote

Are you at Media Day? Anything new and cool being announced from Ruger besides the trigger?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/muad_dib1982/09D6F3F8-6FC1-4F5A-8AA8-355EFCCC2C76_zpsqop2djno.jpg
View Quote

Is it dry?  Geissele recommends using the grease they include on certain spots.  I didn't grease the first one I installed, and I was not that impressed.  I took it back apart and greased it and it made a world of difference.  I imagine the same gains would be felt with this unit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Are you at Media Day? Anything new and cool being announced from Ruger besides the trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

Nothing AR related.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Is it dry?  Geissele recommends using the grease they include on certain spots.  I didn't grease the first one I installed, and I was not that impressed.  I took it back apart and greased it and it made a world of difference.  I imagine the same gains would be felt with this unit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure, didn't really check. It was handed to me from the Ruger rep. I'd like to think they greased it, if that's something they recommend with the FCG.

I really liked the jig. I want one, just for that
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#43]
strange how all the haters who never even touched one torched it. yet anybody that put one in hand thinks its worth the price of admission, no?

lmao!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top