Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2014 1:50:09 AM EDT
I have been going back and forth between which one to get. I like the grip 23 since it has no storage door since I have no need to store anything and I am building the rifle around a DDM4LW upper so I want to stick with the LW theme. I dont like the grip 23 since it has no stippling. Only think I really like better about the K2 is that it clearly has a much better grip surface but every review I have read from people who own both like the position of the grip 23 over the K2. Anyone one else who has used both that could possibly persuade me either way?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a k2 today. Textures nice. Thats all I have...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both, and I also have large hands. The texture on the Magpul K2 is excellent, however it's too small for my preferences. I really like the Umbrella grip. To get around the lack of texture on it, I use a "Tuff 1" brand slip-on grip in the 'Boa' pattern. For me, this combo is prefect.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply, I actually seen a guy on Ebay selling them already stippled for $40. I guess if I went that route I would then save the money on buying a soldering iron lol. Wish they just came with some grip on them already, cant imagine it would have been that difficult to make the mold have at least something on it. Is it as smooth as it looks in pictures?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Get both

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
i prefer the umbrella over the k, BCM's are also my go to
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I like both. The 23 is nice, the K2 is slightly smaller (height and reach, due to the web of hand dip in grip). That said, I chose K2 for having the option for storage (you could not use it, or even leave the door off).
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/514818/decal-grip-tape-magpul-moe

+1 on adding some grip tape.... if you decide to use grip tape, apply it where you want and then wrap an elastic bandage around it to help it "take a set" for a few days. I prefer not to cover the whole grip though... there are places on the grip that you truly want a smooth surface... like where your thumb slides to the safety. the newest Daniel Defense grip is an excellent example.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Did you stipple that or is that just how it normally looks? Looks as though it does provide some type of grip to it. I actually kind of like the DD grip a little, but not sure of the angle compared to the 23 and it has no beaver tail or FDE color.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you stipple that or is that just how it normally looks? Looks as though it does provide some type of grip to it. I actually kind of like the DD grip a little, but not sure of the angle compared to the 23 and it has no beaver tail or FDE color.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

^ That's way too finely done to be a stipple job. (comparing to all the overly-stippled Glocks I've seen x_x)

Edit: between the two I like the Magpul one better. The extension at the bottom of the grip looks like it'd be nice to have in case your hand slips off the grip.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Having both, I prefer the look and feel of the 23 but I really need the storage for paperwork the K2 offers for my pistol, since stock storage isn't an option.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
The K2 just wasn't right for my hand. I like the Grip 23 but the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 feels best.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The K2 just wasn't right for my hand. I like the Grip 23 but the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 feels best.
View Quote

Agreed.  On the SBRs, I love the Mod 3.  It kind of bugged me that the K2 left a gap at the back of the receiver, too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]
was having this same debate for my pistol...then the K2+ was released. debate over.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top