Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2014 6:23:44 PM EDT
anyone know the best way to line the kx5 up so the pig and writing are in the 3 and 5 o clock position? im having some trouble
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Secure the barrel in a vise and rotate the KX3 until the markings line up in the proper orientation. It may take a bit of muscling, but they will line up. I installed one on my 7.5" AR pistol last year.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Secure the barrel in a vise and rotate the KX3 until the markings line up in the proper orientation. It may take a bit of muscling, but they will line up. I installed one on my 7.5" AR pistol last year.
View Quote

that will have to be a butt load of muscling... right now the pig is in the 12 o clock and the writing in 6 o clock... so it will have to go another 270 degrees to be lined up with the writing right side up... if that makes since
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Do shims not work with the kx5?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do shims not work with the kx5?
View Quote

can i get some from the hardware store? or does it have to be ar specific? the kx5 came with a crush washer even using that it wont line up
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

that will have to be a butt load of muscling... right now the pig is in the 12 o clock and the writing in 6 o clock... so it will have to go another 270 degrees to be lined up with the writing right side up... if that makes since
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, don't do that. Try another crush washer, you will be able to time it without cranking on it. (The only time you won't is if you have an M15x1 thread, which you don't on your AR.)
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
got it where it needs to be, thanks to all who chimed in
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top