Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 2:18:23 PM EDT
Looking for a quality removable carry handle for my flat-top AR15.

Does anyone make smaller attachment knobs....lile allen wrench screw size???

Any options would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
they're 10-32, so anything like that would work, unless you've that the "captured" knobs (ones that won't won't come all the way off, the last of the threads are boogered on purpose).
this is my admittedly low brow take on it.

i'm looking for nuts that thread almost all the way on, then a lever folds over and locks them, but all i'm finding is that very thing, but for bicycle axles.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Factory painted nuts from McMaster-Carr

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You might have to get creative.

I did this on my 15-22, it was a UTG carry handle. I took off the thumb screws/bolts and replaced them with bolts/wing nuts from those Risers they sell.

You could do something similar. But I'd avoid using the UTG wing nuts for a real carry handle.

The Finish and Metal is low quality.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah , i've got 2 sets of nuts like that that came with my CNC Machining handles, nylon with brass inserts, that i won't use, OP, you wanna try em, give me a shout.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would you want to replace them with some itty bitty bitch shit
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I can understand why he does. Some of em are fuckin huge lol, ive considered chanhing mine out before too until I chopped it into just a rear BUIS
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Factory painted nuts from McMaster-Carr

http://devdel.smugmug.com/Other/Gun-stuff/i-GgjhDN4/0/L/DSC00096-L.jpg
View Quote

link?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can understand why he does. Some of em are fuckin huge lol, ive considered chanhing mine out before too until I chopped it into just a rear BUIS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are big but they do stay in place... the more surface area you can get with the nylon washer or whatever locking mechanism they use the bettter IMO (they use friction to stay in place... more surface area more friction).  I have never been impaired by the size of the knobs despite the large size.  Sorry i didn't explain in my first post.. which was supposedly more GD

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Just use standard nuts instead of the knurled knobs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

they're 10-32, so anything like that would work, unless you've that the "captured" knobs (ones that won't won't come all the way off, the last of the threads are boogered on purpose).

this is my admittedly low brow take on it.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/hotdogit250/billet458-with223barrel30022.jpg

i'm looking for nuts that thread almost all the way on, then a lever folds over and locks them, but all i'm finding is that very thing, but for bicycle axles.
View Quote
That pic makes my head hurt in every way possible.

It's different though, I'll give ya that!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I've wondered for a while if Larue would put their release levers on a carry handle - I think it would work well, esp in A1 config.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top