Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2014 9:47:43 AM EDT
Will an HK style rear sight match up with an M4 style front sight, or are they slightly different heights? Anyone tried this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Your subject and your question are slightly confusing so I'll answer both interpretations.

Troy doesn't make an HK style rear sight. Only a front.

A quick Google search revealed that the HK brand rear sight sits a little low for use on an AR.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your subject and your question are slightly confusing so I'll answer both interpretations.

Troy doesn't make an HK style rear sight. Only a front.

A quick Google search revealed that the HK brand rear sight sits a little low for use on an AR.
View Quote

Bdawg nailed it.

I like the HK-style fronts on an AR.  Easier for me at least to make two circles concentric versus the wings of a standard FSB.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Centurion Arms made a set of HK diopter sights that are regular height, but have since been discontinued.  You might be able to find a used set.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me be a little more specific. I plan on mounting both a folding front sight and rear sight on the rail of a Keltec KSG. I was just wondering if the Dioptic style rear sight lined up with the HK style front site. I only ask because on the website they are not offered as a pair, as other sight combinations are.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top