Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2014 8:45:31 AM EDT
Attention: All Colt haters park your butthurt at the door!

Well the LE6920MP that I ordered from CDNN Sports on Father's Day arrived today at my FFL. I had heard horror stories about how Colt has gone down hill in the last few years. Well I can tell you from this sample of one that the rifle I received is top notch. The fit (real tight, NO wobble, tight as a tick) and finish are excellent. Better fit by far than my M&P15x (before I sent it back to the factory for them to make right, which they did) or even my BCM URG sitting on a Mega lower. Not only did I save $100.11 from Sunday to Tuesday, but it also came with a case and four mags, the PMag and Magpul VFG, but it also qualifies for Colt's Smokin Summer Promotion which gets you a Colt embroidered Carhartt $75 jacket. SCORE!

Colt Smokin Summer

This Colt has more than exceeded my expectations and people can say what they like but THIS Colt is damn fine. Now for the gratuitous pR0n...

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad you like your rifle. What kind of "horror stories" are you hearing? Every week or so someone pops up on here bitching and moaning about a tool mark or forge flash or whatever and literally have a temper tantrum about it. I think it says more about them and less about the rifle. Those are the only stories I hear, far from being a horror story.

Colts have had no apparent change in quality as far as I can tell. Putting my new Colts next to my 20 year old Colts shows no difference except the color of the finish. Lots of tooling and machine marks, and they go boom every time I pull the trigger!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Haha why the knife?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad you like your rifle. What kind of "horror stories" are you hearing? Every week or so someone pops up on here bitching and moaning about a tool mark or forge flash or whatever and literally have a temper tantrum about it. I think it says more about them and less about the rifle. Those are the only stories I hear, far from being a horror story.

Colts have had no apparent change in quality as far as I can tell. Putting my new Colts next to my 20 year old Colts shows no difference except the color of the finish. Lots of tooling and machine marks, and they go boom every time I pull the trigger!
View Quote

Guess you missed the multiple threads where metal was completely missing or displaced near the bolt catch roll pin. It wasn't some small marks - they were huge and completely unacceptable on a new rifle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Guess you missed the multiple threads where metal was completely missing or displaced near the bolt catch roll pin. It wasn't some small marks - they were huge and completely unacceptable on a new rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You see a new one every week. Really disappointing. Too many other good brands out there without the hit or misses
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I should have put "Horror Stories" in quotation marks as I hear what you list like it is a big deal. Recently someone had one with a damaged lower, but normally just a scratch or two. When you make as many rifle as Colt does one or two are going to slip through the cracks so to speak. I was not anticipating any issues and I have none. Typical Colt excellence. I am proud to own this Colt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Haha why the knife?
View Quote

To protect the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw them. Some if them are not common, I mean come on, Colt makes tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of rifles every year. Maybe more. One or two bad apples is acceptable. As far as the bolt catch scratch/displacement or that ridiculous pants wetting about the forging flash a few weeks ago, completely disagree. 100% acceptable in a rifle that says Colt on the side. It in no way effects the quality and function of the rifle and if you don't want that stuff, you most certainly should look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote: "Guess you missed the multiple threads where metal was completely missing or displaced near the bolt catch roll pin. It wasn't some small marks - they were huge and completely unacceptable on a new rifle."

No I didn't. Stuff happens and Colt will make it right. There is no proof it left the factory like that, the dealer could have dropped it which I find more likely.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

To protect the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haha why the knife?

To protect the rifle.

Haha I thought maybe colt three that in too or something. I know smith and wesson maked knives
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Haha I thought maybe colt three that in too or something. I know smith and wesson maked knives
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haha why the knife?

To protect the rifle.

That is actually a Tekna scuba diving knife.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
What is that little hunk of metal in the last picture between the gas tube and upper ?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What is that little hunk of metal in the last picture between the gas tube and upper ?
View Quote

I don't see anything between the gas tube and the upper... The gas tube just goes straight into it like normal
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Behind the hand guard slip ring on the bottom looks like a hunk of metal laying there
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#14]
And the same spot im talking about the metal on the upper by the hunk of whatever, looks slightly bent back or knicked
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I saw them. Some if them are not common, I mean come on, Colt makes tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of rifles every year. Maybe more. One or two bad apples is acceptable. As far as the bolt catch scratch/displacement or that ridiculous pants wetting about the forging flash a few weeks ago, completely disagree. 100% acceptable in a rifle that says Colt on the side. It in no way effects the quality and function of the rifle and if you don't want that stuff, you most certainly should look elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will absolutely continue to look elsewhere - places that have specs that far exceed Colt spec AND don't come with that "fresh down the driveway" look.

Colt is absolutely the standard - I will never concede that. However as the AR has become more and more popular, more manufacturers are able to put out an equal or better product for a lower price. It happens and Colt is responding by lowering their price. Whether it will make an impact, no one knows at this time.

Quoted:
Quote: "Guess you missed the multiple threads where metal was completely missing or displaced near the bolt catch roll pin. It wasn't some small marks - they were huge and completely unacceptable on a new rifle."

No I didn't. Stuff happens and Colt will make it right. There is no proof it left the factory like that, the dealer could have dropped it which I find more likely.

I was talking to the guy I quoted . And I'm not sure how you're going to drop a rifle on the side of the bolt catch where you drive the roll pin in without messing it up anywhere else, but what ever. If you want to think that feel free.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Behind the hand guard slip ring on the bottom looks like a hunk of metal laying there
View Quote

Oh I thought you meant literally "between" the gas tube and upper. Maybe part of the threads or barrel nut?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is none.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Grease.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I will absolutely continue to look elsewhere - places that have specs that far exceed Colt spec AND don't come with that "fresh down the driveway" look.

Colt is absolutely the standard - I will never concede that. However as the AR has become more and more popular, more manufacturers are able to put out an equal or better product for a lower price. It happens and Colt is responding by lowering their price. Whether it will make an impact, no one knows at this time.

I was talking to the guy I quoted . And I'm not sure how you're going to drop a rifle on the side of the bolt catch where you drive the roll pin in without messing it up anywhere else, but what ever. If you want to think that feel free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir obviously hate Colt so your time and opinions will be probably better spent in another thread. Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't hate Colt in the least - if they continue dropping in price, I'll probably buy one just to have one. However people speak of Colt as if they are infallible and that's simply not the case. No need to get defensive.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Congrats!

And thanks for letting me know about the Colt smokin hot summer deal.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#22]
my Colt LE6920MP came with PMAGS

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't hate Colt in the least - if they continue dropping in price, I'll probably buy one just to have one. However people speak of Colt as if they are infallible and that's simply not the case. No need to get defensive.
View Quote

Sorry if you thought I was being defensive, I'm not. No company is infallible including Colt. But when a company produces so many rifles compared to other companies that produce a handful in comparison, sometimes things do get by. Are Colt's always the prettiest  rifles, no. Are Colt rifles built well and war capable, yes. A lot of people in this world have trusted their lives and the lives of their fellow soldiers to Colt for good reason, they build a reliable firearm to go into harms way.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
my colt 6920MP came with PMAGS
View Quote

Mine came with one Pmag along with the VFG by Magpul. The case and extra mags are a promotion of CDNN Sports through 6/23/14 @ noon CST.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Colts only come with PMAGs now
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Colt didn't come with a PMAG.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Mine came with one Pmag along with the VFG by Magpul. The case and extra mags are a promotion of CDNN Sports through 6/23/14 @ noon CST.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my colt 6920MP came with PMAGS

Ahhhh...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top