Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2014 5:51:03 PM EDT
I am working on building an Army M4 clone and had a question.  Do The usgi rifles have side mount slings or lower mount.   Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Side mount
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Side mount
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Side mount

Yes. Though it might not end up being used. My last issued M4, I was unable to use the front sling swivel due to M203, PEQ18, PEQ2, that I had to use a single point sling set up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not just buy a Colt 6920 and cut/crown/thread the barrel to appropriate length and pin/weld your A2 to make it legal?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why not just buy a Colt 6920 and cut/crown/thread the barrel to appropriate length and pin/weld your A2 to make it legal?
View Quote

I don't believe the new production Colts come with a side mount any longer and that they are now supplied with the six o'clock mount. Your idea is not a bad one, although some would not be happy with losing some of the barrel stampings with the cutdown.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am working on building an Army M4 clone and had a question.  Do The usgi rifles have side mount slings or lower mount.   Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Here you go.

This does have a 14.5" bbl with a pinned and soldered ext. A2 FH.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
brief side derail:

what stocks outside of the standard one are issued? or is this an allowed personal change?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't believe the new production Colts come with a side mount any longer and that they are now supplied with the six o'clock mount. Your idea is not a bad one, although some would not be happy with losing some of the barrel stampings with the cutdown.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that. I forgot about the markings. I always see 14.5 Colt barrels in the EE for $250 or so. Swap them out and sell the 16".

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/tactical-sling-mounts/tactical-sling-mount-front-prod4521.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=COLT
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
brief side derail:

what stocks outside of the standard one are issued? or is this an allowed personal change?
View Quote

for Regular Army units its just the normal carbine stock that comes standard. but you can use pretty much any adjustable stock available as long as it doesn't draw attention from the command...usually if and regular joe is seen with a high speed adjustable stock, there is criticism for trying to be "special forces". the whole gear queer thing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
brief side derail:

View Quote

When deployed its pretty liberal, at least with us it was. CONUS...yea you better not. I'm FA sooo

OP search for the Issued M4 thread?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When deployed its pretty liberal, at least with us it was. CONUS...yea you better not.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]
The LMT/B5 was also issued through RFI.  

M4s (RO920) manufactured between 1994 and ~2002-ish will have the "fiberlite" "CAR"-style stock with the straight butt and short toe.  

After about 2002-ish, the current production "M4-style" stock would have been used.

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually there won't be any barrel markings left between FSB and muzzle device. Cut, thread and re-contour in the M4 step. Adco will turn down the area that has partial barrel markings like they were never there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:52:46 AM EDT
[#14]
You can buy Colt SOCOM Barrels brand new for $250.00 + shipping  from Phase V Supply in Fayetteville, NC. I got my new Colt SOCOM Barrel from them for that price and they are on Gunbroker.com
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can buy Colt SOCOM Barrels brand new for $250.00 + shipping  from Phase V Supply in Fayetteville, NC. I got my new Colt SOCOM Barrel from them for that price and they are on Gunbroker.com
View Quote

I believe they're out at the moment. I hope to be getting a call when they get their next batch in!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top