Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 5:36:08 AM EDT
Hey guys, my name is Zach and I recently got my first AR15. I have had it for a few months, but I have not had a lot of time to get out and shoot it due to my military duties as of late but I am getting around to shooting a lot more. I got a really good deal on 1K rounds of .223. Wolf Gold, for 320 from a local shop. That is including a 10% military discount as well.

I am really looking forward to using this forum. I am fairly new to the rifle world, I have had a few pistols and shoot them quite often.

I am currently just using my Magpul MBUS flip up sights until I get accurate with them I will not get a red dot or scope. Anyone agree with this? I guess I find it important to be efficient with the practical sights, before moving on.

I know that I am looking forward to find some information on this forum that can give me a better break down of the rifle and the different components and how they work. Any suggestions on looking at something in particular to get me more familiar with my rifle? I am heading back to where I am originally from in Indiana for a few weeks so I will be looking forward to doing some shooting outside and not having to pay to shoot like I do here in VA.

Here are a few pics of the rifle I got and a description the best I can describe it.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y385/mckain87/IMG_6054_zpse79df056.jpg

I didn't have a pic without my pistol in it. Sorry about that...

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y385/mckain87/IMG_6053_zpsefc2d131.jpg

Spikes Tactical Multi-Cal color-filled lower
Palmetto State Armory Upper
Palmetto 14inch/1/7 twist barrel
Yankee Hill Free Float Diamond Quad Rail
Palmetto Trigger and LPK
Blackhawk Butt stock
Magpul BMUS sights
Magpul forward angle grip (not a fan of the fore grip)
I also got some PMAG’s and Troy magss

My buddy polished the trigger which made me nervous because I know you can mess the sears up but he didn’t!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Dupe!

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations! Nice looking rifle, what grip is that?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations! Nice looking rifle, what grip is that?
View Quote

I do not know the exactly line but I know it is made by Ergo. I like it a lot! :)

Thanks guys....
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome Zach
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
dupe
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top