Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 9:10:18 AM EDT
I currently have an SSA. Really amazing. I have not fired an SSA-E but looking to add another quality Geissele trigger to my collection. I currently have the SSA on my 14.5 mid BCM, the rifle isn't exactly lightweight with a Aimpoint CompM4s. This next trigger will be on DDV5LW w/ T1. I was planning on using this rifle more for training and possible some 3 gun, which is why I would like to get an SSA-E. But seems people say its really more for long range. Should I just get another SSA as Im familiar with it, or -E and trying something different.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#1]
SSA here in all my ARs. See no need for me, to change. But variety is the spice of life, right?. I just like that each rifle has the same trigger pull. No questions as to when they will go bang.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have SSA's in 3 of my 16 inch builds and an SSA-E in a 20 inch.

I really cant tell a difference.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this a competition/hunting rifle, or a working (battle) rifle?

Go with Geissele's app guide for your intended use.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#4]
For your intended use I'd personally stick with the SSA.  For me the difference between the two shines in favor of the SSA-E when looking through magnified optics.  For classes and run & gun stuff the difference between them is slight, and I like the extra margin of "safety" in the SSA.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 11 SSA-E's    I tried a few others but I am most comfortable with this model...I didn't notice all that much of a difference with SSA.....however the SD3G is different...I also have a Super Dynamic Enhanced Trigger that I like
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I run nothing but SSAs and SSA-Es. Own several of each.

SSAs in all of my red dot equipped rigs, and SSA-Es in all of my magnified optic equipped rigs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
You want another SSA
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Have many of both SSA and SSA-E, and all the other G triggers.  The E is definitely sharper, more precise.  It breaks lighter and cleaner, both are sharp and precise, the E is just more of it.  I also really like the SD-E and of course Hi-Speed Match triggers ... but personally don't much care for the SD-3G.

As good as all the G triggers are, the Wilson TTU line is making a pretty solid case to switch a few over.  I have a single stage and a 2-stage TTU, and both just feel cleaner and more precise than even the Hi-Speed Match G trigger.  I'm going to give the 1000 rounds each and see if I feel the same way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have SSA, SSA-E and Wilson 3G.  My favorite is the Wilson 3G followed closely by the SSA-E.  I prefer the Wilson over the SSA-E because the reset seems shorter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got both.  The E is a little lighter on the break than the SSA but not the huge jump you'd notice from going from Mil-spec to SSA.  Both are great triggers.  If you don't mind parting with the extra cash i'd say go for the SSA-E.  A buddy of mine has a super dynamic and S3G as well, and they're awesome in their own right too.  I like the flat trigger on the SD.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've got both.  The E is a little lighter on the break than the SSA but not the huge jump you'd notice from going from Mil-spec to SSA.  Both are great triggers.  If you don't mind parting with the extra cash i'd say go for the SSA-E.  A buddy of mine has a super dynamic and S3G as well, and they're awesome in their own right too.  I like the flat trigger on the SD.
View Quote
Yes sir.

I have the Es in the magnified guns but it isn't (to me anyway) as much of a significant difference as the SSA is over a standard LPK.  I like them both, but I really prefer the SSA I am in the minority

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I have both.  The pull on the SSA-E is a little lighter, and a little shorter.  I can feel the difference.  FWIW Geissele's application guide only recommends the SSA-E for competition and hunting.  The SSA is also indicated for Military and LE.  That's consistent with what other posters have been saying.  The extra pound of trigger pull weight and extra .005 of pull length helps ensure the gun doesn't go "bang" unless you really want it to.  The SSA-E isn't a "hair trigger" by any means, though.  It's nothing like the JP trigger I have in another AR.  That thing fires when you think about pulling the trigger.

I think the graphs in the PDF files below are pretty accurate, but then I'm a visual person.

http://d3cfki0l5o2ps6.cloudfront.net/media/files/Super_Semi-Automatic_SSA_Trigger-05-101.pdf

http://d3cfki0l5o2ps6.cloudfront.net/media/files/super-semi-automatic-e-trigger-pf.pdf
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top