Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 4:50:18 PM EDT
Despite a few searches and browsing of various websites I'm still looking for a 16-18" plain barreled (crowned only, no brake or flash hider) upper assembly or even a barrel that I could build into an upper.  This will be useful when I find myself in places where such evil devices as flash hiders increase the rifle's lethality by 100000x and turn anyone using it into a murderous maniac.

Does anyone know where one can get such a thing? The easiest, of course, would be a factory built plain barreled upper. Worst case I could build one with a barrel I suppose.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Would a barrel protector be an option?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Checkout Black Hole Weaponry.

I believe you can get them crowned with no threads
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would a barrel protector be an option?
View Quote

Good question.....I never heard of such a thing, but am researching it. May well be a possibility. Would need to affix it so it is sufficiently "permanent" or the like.

Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Having spent  the last 3 years residing in NJ, I've had to deal with this myself on occasion. All my muzzle devices need to be pinned and welded which is why I have a fondness towards 14.5" barrels. At times I think a unthreaded barrel would be less hassle. Even a thread protector would need to be pinned and welded.

I know Noveske makes a 20" that is just crowned but it's expensive. Rock River has a 18" middy that you could have cut and crowned but it's heavy. You could probably have re-contoured for not much more money.

Also try and look up Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms, he might be able to help. PM me if you need more help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top