Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 12:02:59 PM EDT
I finally decided several months ago, that I'd give a try at building an AR. I've been shooting for 34 years and was very happy with the Mini-14 platform which I have been shooting and reloading for, the last 26 years. My buddy, who is a Marine, had really been on my a$$ to give it a try. Which I did, when I happened across a lower that I could afford at the time. Then over several month's I bought the parts. And when I collected everything needed. I put it all together. I have to say I'm very pleased with the end result. There is though, a few more things I'd like to add to it. But for now, its good to go. Just wish the weather would clear up a little in the NW, so I can get out and put some rounds down range with it.

http://www.jimcorso.com/Hobbies/AR15-Rifle/i-Z9wcqvF/0/L/IMG_2080-L.jpg
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice. Give a parts list.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Was the Stark grip a choice, or did you snap the trigger guard ear off?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

yes inquiring minds want to know
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The Stark grip was by choice. It feels good to the hand and puts the trigger finger level. Bellow is the parts used in the build.

Wilson Combat:

Upper Receiver
Stainless Match SPR 18", 1:8 Twist
Gas Block
Gas Tube
Bolt Carrier Group
Charging Handle
Ejection Port Assembly
Forward Assist Assembly
Flash Hider

YHM Todd Jarrett 15" Handguard
YHM End Cap
YHM Buffer Tube Assembly
Magpul CTR Buttstock
Magpul MBUS
Magpul B.A.D. Lever
ALG Combat Trigger
Stark Equipment Pistol Grip
CMMG LPK
AR57 AR Fifteen Lower Receiver
Primary Arms 30mm Classic Red Dot with cantilever mount
Primary Arms 6X Magnifer with flip to side mount

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good!  I imagine your front BUIS could go forward another slot, but its fine where it's at.

Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I finally decided several months ago, that I'd give a try at building an AR. I've been shooting for 34 years and was very happy with the Mini-14 platform which I have been shooting and reloading for, the last 26 years. My buddy, who is a Marine, had really been on my a$$ to give it a try. Which I did, when I happened across a lower that I could afford at the time. Then over several month's I bought the parts. And when I collected everything needed. I put it all together. I have to say I'm very pleased with the end result. There is though, a few more things I'd like to add to it. But for now, its good to go. Just wish the weather would clear up a little in the NW, so I can get out and put some rounds down range with it.

http://www.jimcorso.com/Hobbies/AR15-Rifle/i-Z9wcqvF/0/L/IMG_2080-L.jpg
View Quote

Nice build for a first-timer!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks good...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That was my first thought as soon as I seen "the grip of shame". That's funny.
Good job on the build op.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top