Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:42:38 AM EDT
First time posting here, and I am working on my first AR build. Right now I have a complete spikes 16in LE rifle and love the gun. A few months ago a friend and I bought the spikes calico jack stripped lowers. I have installed a double star LPK and added the spikes advanced trigger guard and a hogue grip,cheap buffer tube and parts (gonna replace with complete spikes parts) and a magpul stock that will be replaced with a B5 stock.  Now my stripped upper I was thinking of using is a BCM and I put the spikes biohazard dust cover on it and have a spikes FA BCG.  Here is my problem, I want a great barrel. I was looking at the BCM cold hammer forged mid length and this barrel. http://www.spikestactical.com/new/ss/st-fn-cold-hammer-forged-16-midlength-barrel-556-p-830.html

Has anyone bought the spikes cold hammer forged barrel? Like I said I have the normal chrome spikes LE barrel and I live it, but for,my first build I want to go with the best parts I can afford and it is between the spikes and the BCM.  If I buy a spikes barrel I will buy a spikes stripped upper and use the BCM on my other lower that I thought of making into a pistol.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The Spikes barrel is a great barrel.  It's a hybrid contour that is in between lightweight profile and Govt.  Aim Surplus had them for $270 with pinned low profille gas blocks.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTSB51606ML&name=Spike's+Tactical+16%22+ST-FN+CHF+5.56+Barrel+w%2f+pinned+Mid-Length+LPGB&search=spike
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Spikes barrel is a great barrel.  It's a hybrid contour that is in between lightweight profile and Govt.  Aim Surplus had them for $270 with pinned low profille gas blocks.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTSB51606ML&name=Spike's+Tactical+16%22+ST-FN+CHF+5.56+Barrel+w%2f+pinned+Mid-Length+LPGB&search=spike
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't looked at aims for a while.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder what "properly sized gas port" means. It would be nice if manufacturers listed the post size.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Spikes/FN 14.5" middy. Awesome barrel!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Love mine
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Another Spikes fan here, I have two of them. One is 6.8SPC, it is a keeper.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
It's nice to be around spikes fans.  I will just  buy a stripped spikes upper, I was kinda hoping some people would help push me that direction.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I love my spikes rifle, I'm going to finish up my build with the spikes enhanced. I have a bcm bfh upper, but I want to spend a little less since I'm going to pick up a sig 226 dark elite and a sig p220. It's good to be the king. Enjoy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top