Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2013 12:36:39 PM EDT
Hello,

Does the military only use the KAC NT4 and the Surefire SF3P flash hider for the Sopmod Block II kit?

In the M4 block II topic the 4 prong Surefire is mentioned but the SF3P is 3 prong. Has this flash hider been approved recently?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The Surefire FH556RC is the 4prong version used. I don't believe surefire sells it to the civilian market and instead sells the SF3P(3 prong). As far as which others are used I would ask your question in the Block II thread. You'll likely get the information you're looking for there.

FH556RC vs SF3P

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
For what its worth some of us have AAC Blackouts on our block II's as well for our AAC cans, however not sure if its a widely issued item.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
As an avid cloner myself I would suggest taking an hour or five and reading as much as you can in the forum, you will learn everything you need. Your question has been discussed many many times in that thread.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As an avid cloner myself I would suggest taking an hour or five and reading as much as you can in the forum, you will learn everything you need. Your question has been discussed many many times in that thread.
View Quote

This^^

To give just a quick answer, the SF3P is technically not clone appropriate, but like the lower receivers, we sometimes cannot get our hands on the real deal so we make due with SF3P's and semi-auto lowers. As far as we know, the 3 prong is not in use by the military (barring individual purchase).

Occasionally you can find a 4 prong for sale in the EE
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For what its worth some of us have AAC Blackouts on our block II's as well for our AAC cans, however not sure if its a widely issued item.
View Quote

Issued Block II's with AAC Blackouts and cans?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive seen blackouts on Mk18s and 416s but I dont think Ive seen them on an M4
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Surefire FH556-212As and YHM Phantoms on some quasi-Block IIs as well.  

The "official" SOPMOD suppressors are the KAC NT4QDSS and the Surefire SOCOM, but that doesn't mean that units don't sometimes secure other options COTS with unit funds.

High Res

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks! I will be checking the M4 Sopmod thread out.

Thanks for the pictures!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top