AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 5:19:46 PM EDT
Which will be the more accurate barrel?  
Daniel Defense CHF 5.56 chamber 16" govt profile midlength gas
Rainier Arms Ultramatch 223 wylde chamber 16" midlength gas
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
More accurate out of those the rainier. my rainier arms match is deadly with factory and handloaded 69-77gr ammo. My cl barrel is not as accurate as the stainless rainier.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The Daniel Defense is not a match barrel. It will not have the sub MOA guarantee that the Rainier will because it is simply difficult to make a hammer forged and chrome lined government profile barrel that will do that consistently enough to slap a guarantee on it. It's a great barrel, but if you're looking for a tack driver, that type of barrel is not a good choice. The Rainer would suit you well
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Daniel Defense is not a match barrel. It will not have the sub MOA guarantee that the Rainier will because it is simply difficult to make a hammer forged and chrome lined government profile barrel that will do that consistently enough to slap a guarantee on it. It's a great barrel, but if you're looking for a tack driver, that type of barrel is not a good choice. The Rainer would suit you well
View Quote
Chrome lined yes difficult to make a tack driver.  Hammer forged??   Can be quite accurate.  A lot of bolt gun makers using hammer forged barrels.  

As far as Daniel defense, while not match guaranteed, is extremely accurate.

Rainer for the win in this category.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Rainier, hands down. I'm waiting for one of their barrels to come back in stock. Either that or order another Krieger.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Chrome lined yes difficult to make a tack driver.  Hammer forged??   Can be quite accurate.  A lot of bolt gun makers using hammer forged barrels.     As far as Daniel defense, while not match guaranteed, is extremely accurate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chrome lined yes difficult to make a tack driver.  Hammer forged??   Can be quite accurate.  A lot of bolt gun makers using hammer forged barrels.     As far as Daniel defense, while not match guaranteed, is extremely accurate.

Agreed about hammer forged BUT you are far more likely to see a match grade rifle that is button rifled vs hammer forged.  The plane and simple truth about the comparison between these two barrels in question is that one is built as a combat type barrel and the other is built as a match grade target barrel.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
More accurate?  The Rainier.  It is a Shilen button rifled blank that is hand lapped with a wylde chamber. Mine shoots 3/4 MOA groups on a bad day...   Longer lasting?? The DD.  It is CHF and chrome lined.  I have nearly 7000 rounds through mine and it still shoots 1.5-2 inch groups....  You want the best of both?  Have a high quality button or cut rifled match barrel nitrided.  Than you get the accuracy and the longevity.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It's really not a fair comparison. If you just want a blaster the CL is the better way to go. If you plan on feeding it right, the Ultra Match will be accurate as hell. Ask yourself if you are capable of sub-MOA groups??? If not you might be disappointed. I built one of my friends a stick using a Rainer Arms Match. He was disappointed in the beginning because he couldn't get his groups even close to mine. He has made huge progress and is now happy I talked him into the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Rainier ultramatch barrels are a helluva value for what they offer.....just know you have to have the right ammo to make the difference noticeable
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top