Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2013 12:02:08 PM EDT
I'm new to the AR world and to this board.  From what I've seen there seem to be a lot of well informed people here.  I just bough my first AR - a DPMS Recon. The rifle was bought new and my first time out I ran about 100-150 rounds through it.  I could not get the rifle to cycle properly.  Almost every round had to be chambered manually with the charging handle. I used the steel mag that came it and a couple of new P-mags with .223 and 5.56 rounds..  Same issue with each mag.  Disappointed, I took it home and cleaned it.  I also checked this site and others finding that it may be a lubrication issue or buffer tube spring.  Liberally lubing it and leaving everything else unchanged I went back to the range and bought a different brand of ammo hoping to eliminate the problem.  The first round fired but it did not chamber the next round.  I manually charged the next round and out of 40 rounds fired, I had two more cycling issues.  The rifle would either not pick-up the next round or it would pick-up the round but it would not feed into chamber.  The rounds that would not chamber would be sitting at an angle.  The guy next to me at the range had a DPMS as well.  He had not experienced the cycling issues but he did change his buffer spring after only 20 rounds.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If it was bought new, send it back and make them address the issue.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Just for giggles,  what ammo was used?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
post in their forum in Industry..They are great guys and will see you through your problems.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just for giggles,  what ammo was used?
View Quote

+1 - just what i was about to post..

good luck getting it worked out..  I have a 308 Recon and love it

brian
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You shouldnt have to change a spring call DPMS -
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone. I'll try the industry post and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:17:11 AM EDT
[#7]
If it is not cycling at all I would check that the gas block is properly aligned, make sure the gas tube is not bent check gas key on bolt make sure it is not loose and also make sure your gas rings are sealing.

All this you can do yourself eye ball the gas block, take off hand guards and look up into upper at tube, to check gas rings install bolt with no charging handle put it all the way into battery and see is gravity can make it fall out if no it passes.  Might just be something simple.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top