Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2013 6:11:01 AM EDT
I saw an article on this and looked at the website. Anyone know anything about it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#1]
For $300 I think I'll pass...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks pretty cool. I'd maybe try one if the price comes down a little, although I wonder how durable it will be with the "layers." I like the concept.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the same guy that made the stupid chin stock thingy.

ETA:
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#4]
They should apply the technology and evolve the design into silencers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
"The goods news is that there's nowhere near as much blast as a conventional brake, and there's a good degree of control. In the open, I was hard pressed to tell it from an unbraked 16-inch carbine..."
View Quote

From their website...maybe I'm missing something?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#6]
"Sintercore"? MIM technology?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It says "printed," so SLS.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For $300 I think I'll pass...
View Quote

Kinda my thoughts right now as well. If you are gonna spend that much you almost might as well get the KAC Triple Tap.

If this is actually a viable technology for muzzle devices I'm thinking the big boys will start making them soon and they will be half the cost.

If they don't jump on I'd be willing to bet there is a reliability issue.

How many people copied the Triple Tap and then the Battle Comp? If it's a good design people will start making copies pretty quick I think.

Otherwise, the Auxetik comp makers need to be more realistic on the price. And they need a better warranty...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey..thanks for the link....interesting stuff....still powdered (sintered) metal being layered....so I'd be skeptical of it in a muzzle device.

Probably just my ignorance of the technology....which is pretty fascinating stuff....(the technology that is :)

Kinda like pre-cursor "replicator" tech in Star Trek
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't think I would want an SLS component as a muzzle device.  Can understand the prototyping phase - but not that translates well into production.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is the same guy that made the stupid chin stock thingy.  

ETA: http://www.policemag.com/_Images/news/M-Halix-Chin-Stock.jpg
View Quote

What in the world.. Why on God's green earth would this be considered a good idea? What even is the idea behind this? Is this one of those "Solution in search of a problem" things?

EDIT:I just found out what it was... It's for SBRs without the tax stamp. Basically the money you save getting the tax stamp you can spend on fixing your TMJ issue.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't think I would want an SLS component as a muzzle device.  Can understand the prototyping phase - but not that translates well into production.
View Quote

You’re Wrong: 5 Common Misconceptions About DMLS

http://www.pddnet.com/articles/2010/02/you%E2%80%99re-wrong-5-common-misconceptions-about-dmls

Cant bite at that price... but the tech is undeniable.. cant make that part with any conventional type of machining
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://www.pddnet.com/articles/2010/02/you%E2%80%99re-wrong-5-common-misconceptions-about-dmls

Cant bite at that price... but the tech is undeniable.. cant make that part with any conventional type of machining
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think perhaps the price reflects the expense of manufacture and technology involved like the KAC 3T? I've seen where a lot of KAC reps have said that they didn't even want to mass produce the 3T because of how expensive it was but consumer demand encouraged them to go ahead and do so.

Inconel is a difficult material to work with and I'm sure a lot of R&D went into developing the 3T.

Perhaps this new comp is similar in that regard (not that it makes me any more likely to bite on the price either...

Finally, while the chin stock thing may not have been a brilliant idea, it was somewhat clever and I wouldn't personally argue that because a company produced one bad product, anything they ever produce after will be crap (I can think of a lot of good companies today who have produced something bad at some point in their existence).
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty cool!!!

I reckon this is the future? Question is, will it last?

This just looks like an over engineered Battle Comp that will kick up dust.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Inconel is a bitch to work with and I'm not really sure how well it can be 3D printed. Curious to see a real world review.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you think perhaps the price reflects the expense of manufacture and technology involved like the KAC 3T? I've seen where a lot of KAC reps have said that they didn't even want to mass produce the 3T because of how expensive it was but consumer demand encouraged them to go ahead and do so.

Inconel is a difficult material to work with and I'm sure a lot of R&D went into developing the 3T.

Perhaps this new comp is similar in that regard (not that it makes me any more likely to bite on the price either...

Finally, while the chin stock thing may not have been a brilliant idea, it was somewhat clever and I wouldn't personally argue that because a company produced one bad product, anything they ever produce after will be crap (I can think of a lot of good companies today who have produced something bad at some point in their existence).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure do think so.. that and some profit margin of course.. nothing wrong with profit. But until they can sell something like this for about $150 and under I'll just go for a conventional flash suppressor and invest the rest  towards a stamp for a suppressor.

Here is an excellent article on this Comp. It even gets into the durability of laser melted Iconel http://www.gizmag.com/sintercore-auxetik-3d-printed-muzzle-brake-inconel/28489/
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd volunteer to do the review if given the opportunity...

I'd even lie and tell you all it was the best comp ever if the manufacturer let me keep it lol (just kidding)
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd volunteer to do the review if given the opportunity...

I'd even lie and tell you all it was the best comp ever if the manufacturer let me keep it lol (just kidding)
View Quote

Looks like I might get the opportunity. I'll do a full review and compare against some other comps if I do.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top