Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2013 4:13:50 PM EDT
Picked up a used knights m4 rail for my Franken gun 13.7 with noveski flash hider but the top rail does not seem to seat all the way down even with the upper flat top  . What small thing am I not seeing here ? can it be the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a screw through the aft end of the top rail. It retains a clamp.

Take the screw all the way out and make sure the clamp drops down and swings free.

On the front end is a metal spring clip. Make sure that goes under the front handguard retaining cap.

Put the front end in first. Push the aft end down. Make sure the clamp straddles the gas tube.

Push down the aft end and make sure the clamp swings up and grabs the barrel nut.

Insert the screw and tighten it down.

Done.
View Quote

Yeap had the same problem installing mine (didn't read any directions)...Make sure the "clamp" goes all the way down, appears at first it moves just a slight amount...pull in down all the way before installing...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello, just actually installed mine on tonight.  I did have a hard time at first, then I watched a youtube video, and then I got a better understanding.  I removed the screw completely and installed the top rail first holding it horizontal, not vertically.  Like others had said, make sure the front goes in first, then the back.  Put on the bottom and then screw the bolt back in, you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Lancelot's instructions are much better than Knight's instructions.  Most of the time "a picture is worth a thousand words" is true, but not here.  My first Knight's rail, an M5, had me pulling my hair out because I couldn't seem to get the front under the handguard cap.  I just recently got a new M4, and the barrel nut clamp gave me problems.  Knight should use Lancelot's wording and just add (better) pictures.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Take the screw all the way out and make sure the clamp drops down and swings free.

On the front end is a metal spring clip. Make sure that goes under the front handguard retaining cap.

Put the front end in first. Push the aft end down. Make sure the clamp straddles the gas tube.

Push down the aft end and make sure the clamp swings up and grabs the barrel nut.

Done.
View Quote
had the same problem until i looked at youtube and seen vid showing this

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Got it . The rear clamp was not getting back in to the barrel nut . Thanks for the input. I have one I put on a older 6920 colt and it went right on . This you could see it was a little higher
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Couldnt get mine in either.
A young guy at lgs got it in a minute
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Gotta get some pictures of mine done anyway...consider this a placeholder.

But I don't have a blue, pinstripe sofa.  Now I have to figure out what background to use!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Done.
View Quote

I have one date code 10/23/07 with a flat head scew and a retaining clamp in the front, nothing in the back.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have one date code 10/23/07 with a flat head scew and a retaining clamp in the front, nothing in the back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done.

You're looking at it wrong, that is the back, not the front.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top