BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 5:22:28 AM EDT
Never understood why someone would pay so much for a knights until now
Got it on paper with xm193.   Than did a three shot group with gold match 77 gt
Than started blasting steel chickens at 200 meters like they were right in front of me. Threw a vxr patrol on it that I had until I make a decision on permanent optics
I think this is the first rifle that I'm just going to leave as it is
[URL=http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/thetonk/media/20131026_083211_zps9e5ba87d.jpg.html][/URL
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Giggity!

Nice rifle---and nice shooting.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats...I hope to have one some day.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Took me a long time to build up to it.   Just gotta make a final decision on optics.   Always been a leupold man.  But considering us optics
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, man.  Wouldn't you really rather have two or three entry level carbines instead of that one?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got about a dozen ar's
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats.

I finally picked up an LPR recently myself.

Haven't got it out to the range yet - waiting on some 77 grain Black Hills SMKs on the way to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know how the SR-15 is, but my buddy at work had a SR-25 that couldn't shoot nearly as good as his RRA LAR-8.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know how the SR-15 is, but my buddy at work had a SR-25 that couldn't shoot nearly as good as his RRA LAR-8.
View Quote

Not sure what SR-25 your buddy had, but a batch of them recently hit the market with factory .75 MOA test targets.

I can't speak to the consistency of them all across the board over the years though of course.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

KAC is like any other manufacturer in the fact that they cant be infallible. I bought an SR 15 IWS that would be put to shame accuracy-wise by your average Bushie. By and large tohugh the great majority of folks that purchase a rifle from KAC are very satisfied.

Real nice shooting O.P and  great rifle.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not sure what SR-25 your buddy had, but a batch of them recently hit the market with factory .75 MOA test targets.

I can't speak to the consistency of them all across the board over the years though of course.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mother fucker.  

Mine has a .764 test target.....and now they're out with .75????

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Well his too would shoot sub-MOA, but only for the first 10 or 15 rounds.  After that, accuracy went to crap, whereas the RRA maintained it's accuracy throughout the shooting session.  And yes, he allowed the barrel to cool.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well his too would shoot sub-MOA, but only for the first 10 or 15 rounds.  After that, accuracy went to crap, whereas the RRA maintained it's accuracy throughout the shooting session.  And yes, he allowed the barrel to cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Mine seems to group tighter once I get a little carbon in the pipe....and I leave the copper....since I haven't put enough rounds in mine yet to diminish accuracy.

I wonder what model your buddy had.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#13]
very nice rifle . why not leave the patrol optic on it . looks like you could shoot the testicles off a fruti fly at 100 yds with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:41:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice rifle! I just got one myself but haven't been to the range yet.  Hope it shoots as well as yours
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've got about a dozen ar's
View Quote

I was just funnin' ya, man.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Mother fucker.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mother fucker.  

One more reason to get another one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Even gonna leave the fugly feeling grip on there?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Have a SR 25 and 15. Both shoot under an inch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a sexy rifle
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice shooting OP. I have owned several SR15s myself and have never found a better off the shelf rifle.

What optic are you considering replacing the VXR with?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nice shooting OP. I have owned several SR15s myself and have never found a better off the shelf rifle.

View Quote

Hah. You updated your avatar fast! From tonight's episode of Eastbound & Down.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Considering. Us optics or a Mk 4 ffp
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like it's very accurate. I hope yours runs better than any of my KACs did.

I think a S&B, Leupold, or March 1-8x FFP would go well on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like it's very accurate. I hope yours runs better than any of my KACs did.

I think a S&B, Leupold, or March 1-8x FFP would go well on it.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top