Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2013 12:10:38 PM EDT
So far I have ordered
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
And I had planned to order
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-magpul-moe-edition-od-green-no-magazine.html
But it went out of stock.
I know this won't be a build of the highest quality, but it's my first AR.  My brother has built one using similar parts.
I plan on using the LMT or BCM full auto BCG.  
I picked up an OD Pmag.

I have a buddy who has a type 01 FFL, a lower can be sent to him, correct?  
Also what's a decent inexpensive optic, doesn't have to magnify much, or at all.
Or should I just save up for something in the $500 range?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Palmetto still has the complete MOE lower in fde for 199 if you arent set on OD.
The quality of that rifle would actually be pretty good. A lot better than most complete rifles in the sub $700 range.
As for optics, get the best you can afford. If you can afford a Aimpoint/Eotech/Trijicon or good magnified scope, get one.
If you cant, the Primary Arms micro dot, Bushnell TRS25, Vortex Sparc and Lucid M7 are great optics if you want a Aimpoint T1 type sight, or Vortex Strikefire or Lucid HD7 if you want a Aimpoint Pro type sight. Then theres a number of1-4x or 1-6x scopes under $300.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Palmetto still has the complete MOE lower in fde for 199 if you arent set on OD.
The quality of that rifle would actually be pretty good. A lot better than most complete rifles in the sub $700 range.
As for optics, get the best you can afford. If you can afford a Aimpoint/Eotech/Trijicon or good magnified scope, get one.
If you cant, the Primary Arms micro dot, Bushnell TRS25, Vortex Sparc and Lucid M7 are great optics if you want a Aimpoint T1 type sight, or Vortex Strikefire or Lucid HD7 if you want a Aimpoint Pro type sight. Then theres a number of1-4x or 1-6x scopes under $300.
View Quote

I saw the FDE, and if I would have known I probably would have went that route.  I guess I only have a $21 PMAG in OD, so not really out yet.  I still kind of favor OD, but maybe FDE is the way to go.
I figured going PSA, and a high quality BCG, I'll have a good quality first rifle, nothing to be disappointed with.
I think I am liking the look of the Lucid HD7.  
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.surplusammo.com/saa-sa-15-reticle-logo-ar15-complete-lower-with-magpul-moe-furniture/
I could always do this.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this will be a better quality rifle than you're giving credit for!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I saw the FDE, and if I would have known I probably would have went that route.  I guess I only have a $21 PMAG in OD, so not really out yet.  I still kind of favor OD, but maybe FDE is the way to go.
I figured going PSA, and a high quality BCG, I'll have a good quality first rifle, nothing to be disappointed with.
Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Ive got a HD7 Gen3 on one of my rifles and imo its the best red dot under $200. I like it much more than the Strikefire.
I paid $175 shipped for mine and it really is a great sight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the assurance of quality!  It will do me well, especially as much as I probably won't use it  I've bought an 870 and a 700 and they don't see much daylight.

Cool to hear on the HD7!  I think it's the way to go
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Anxiously awaiting parts to get back on the shelves.  I would like a F/A LMT BCG, but I am not paying huge markups.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
PSA CMV CL barrel + upper
Mag Tactical Lower
PSA LPK
LMT F/A BCG
Magpul MOE OD Green all the way around
PSA Mil Spec Buffer kit
Colt Carry handle.

How'd I do?
Everything should be here in a week or so.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top