Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2013 3:47:59 PM EDT
I'm no expert on AR-15's to say the least... but I do own a few and use them at work as well. I'm always trying to learn more about them and I'm very open to what others have to say. I've owned this one (Daniel Defense M4V4) for about a year and absolutely love it. I use Colts at work and the Daniel Defense seems to be superior in quality to me. Anyways let me know your thoughts and any improvements you would suggest. I use it for a medium range patrol type rifle and I like the current weight (which i don't know off the top of my head), I don't wanna go to bulky nor do i wanna make it anorexic.

Heres a link to the video of it (((  http://youtu.be/7IhMGMJrjvo  ))) and the pictures are below. hopefully they all work this time. i was having issues earlier.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My thoughts on your carbine...

Badass.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My thoughts on your carbine...

Badass.
View Quote

Thanks man lol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It's my interpretation of modern KISS.
As a minimalist, I love it.

Edit: I see a second lower. Built yet?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I enjoy DD
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Couldn't agree with you more. Thats kinda what i was going for with it. I wanted an ACOG so it wouldn't rely on any batteries but I couldn't afford it at the time.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs a flashlight and sling . But yeah nice rifle man.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Edit: I see a second lower. Built yet?
View Quote

Theres 2 second lowers lol. I have more lowers than I do full AR's lol. Mostly impulse buys. and no, neither are finished yet. the one with black furniture is a delton thats gonna be a project for the lady friend and the one with green furniture is an ARFCOM billet. I refuse to finish it until i can get my hands on a stripped ARFCOM billet upper which unfortunately are not being sold right now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Needs a flashlight and sling . But yeah nice rifle man.
View Quote

Ive got a Surefire scout but im not sure if i like it on there or not and im currently running the magpul MS3 sling on it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think a light breaks away from KISS. It is pretty much standard gear and serves a useful purpose on an AR.

Besides that, I'm all for keeping can openers, fingernail clippers and other junk off of my rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't think a light breaks away from KISS. It is pretty much standard gear and serves a useful purpose on an AR.

Besides that, I'm all for keeping can openers, fingernail clippers and other junk off of my rifle.
View Quote

I agree, I just don't get enough use out of the flashlight right now. I might start to use it more in the future though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice carbine.

It's a good thing you just added the necessary stuff that you prefer on it, for me personally I won't and anymore and use it as is.

My own personal preference different than yours is Aimpoint optics and metallic sights (Troy & KAC), but there's nothing wrong with your setup.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice carbine.

It's a good thing you just added the necessary stuff that you prefer on it, for me personally I won't and anymore and use it as is.

My own personal preference different than yours is Aimpoint optics and metallic sights (Troy & KAC), but there's nothing wrong with your setup.

View Quote

Actually, on that note, Ive been looking at the Troy BUIS for a while now and im wanting a set of the tritium ones but at the cost i think i'm gonna put them on a nicer build and keep this rifle all magpul. And Ive started to notice that the Aimpoints seem to be a better quality sight (in my opinion) than EOtech but i don't own any. I use them at work though and i'm thinking about getting one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
How on earth did you take that last picture with you hand way over there?  Nice rifle
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How on earth did you take that last picture with you hand way over there?  Nice rifle
View Quote

not my hand lol. thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like a great rifle, the only thing i would change. if anything at all, is the Magpul AFG. those were really designed for longer hand guards to promote the "Thumb over the top" shooting position, doesnt really work for a carbine. i would take a look at the Magpul RVG vert grip. looks good on a carbine and works better on it too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Love the rifle. The cropping on the first two pictures are driving me nuts. Its like you was trying to make the rifle look like a SBR
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Trash!!!

Give it to me and I will properly dispose of...
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Love the rifle. The cropping on the first two pictures are driving me nuts. Its like you was trying to make the rifle look like a SBR
View Quote

I noticed that too lol. I was just trying to get the camera close enough to get all the details. it was on my phones camera so it has crappy resolution to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Looks good to me.

I'd consider some steel BUIS, but thats just me. One other thing you could do is throw a magnifier behind the EoTech. The reticle magnifies quite nicely.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Surefie mini scout new version ADM mount (bright flashlights.com will sell you the light without tape switch at reduced price)
Magpul MS4 sling
SSA-E
Raptor charging handle
Tango Down VFG with ADM mount stubby
Aimpoint T1 2moa ADM mount
Quality 1-4x/1-6x optic ADM recon x mount
Norgon ambi-mag release
B.A.D. Ambi selector switch
Troy battle sights
Delete AFG
Delete BAD lever
Delete Magpul sights
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like your all set up big man

it's cunt ramming awesome

one could always do upgrades, but your set yo

upgrade trigger, atleast one of those alg ones  bout $50 bucks

could get a stock with a better cheek weld   b5, lmt, vltor

upgrade sights, eotechs do break so maybe a 1-4x vortex type, acog, since it's a patrol rifle or atleast aimpoint

a quick detach light mount that you can easily put on and off depending on what you have in mind for the day
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:27:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Surefie mini scout new version ADM mount (bright flashlights.com will sell you the light without tape switch at reduced price)
Magpul MS4 sling
SSA-E
Raptor charging handle
Tango Down VFG with ADM mount stubby
Aimpoint T1 2moa ADM mount
Quality 1-4x/1-6x optic ADM recon x mount
Norgon ambi-mag release
B.A.D. Ambi selector switch
Troy battle sights
Delete AFG
Delete BAD lever
Delete Magpul sights
View Quote

I have most of these things on another lower. All the ambi features. I'm trying to keep this one simple. And it already has a raptor on in, it's in the picture.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top