Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2013 6:23:25 AM EDT
So I recently decided to take the leap of faith into the AR15 community, and seeing as how these are such versitile and modular weapon systems, i splurged and went with the best parts and options i could find. Also, following the belief of "Buy once cry once", i went out of my budget by a good $400.  I'm going to keep and use this rifle for basically the rest of my life so i wanted a quality weapon system that could get the job done and never fail me.
Features of this AR:
Bravo Company RECCE Upper, 16" Barrel, Mid-Length Gas, 1:7 Twist. Chrome bore and chamber. Gov't Profile. Troy VTac Alpha 13" handguard
In the upper i'm running the BGM Bolt carrier group and the BCM Gunfighter Mod4 Charging handle.

For the Lower, I'm running a Rock River Arms Lower, with an RRA 2-Stage Match trigger and parts Kit, had the Gunsmith micro polish and tune all the lower parts. Daniel Defense buffer assembly, RRA Stock, and Hogue Grip.

KEEP IN MIND: This is by no means finished, this is just the base rifle, i have plans to upgrade the furniture and add accessories like sights optics and vert grip.

This is the Full Rifle:

href=http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag122/Dustinml14/101_1915_zpsdcdd65cf.jpg" />

View of the Reciever, you can get a good view of the bolt in this one:

href=http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag122/Dustinml14/101_1916_zps116897b8.jpg" />

The other side of the reciever, notice the RRA Star safety:

href=http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag122/Dustinml14/101_1918_zpsc9645cef.jpg" />

Here we have the BCM Vltor Mod4 Gunfighter charging handle:

href=http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag122/Dustinml14/101_1917_zps024e14d1.jpg" />

And finally here we have the RRA 2-stage trigger, the trigger group has been micropolished and tuned.

href=http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag122/Dustinml14/101_1919_zps40ac1943.jpg" />

So what do you guys think?

P.S this is also my very first post on ARFCOM so be nice!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#1]
pics don't work
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I posted them from photobucket, any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
yea...come back in 2014 and try again
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I recently decided to take the leap of faith into the AR15 community, and seeing as how these are such versitile and modular weapon systems, i splurged and went with the best parts and options i could find. Also, following the belief of "Buy once cry once", i went out of my budget by a good $400.  I'm going to keep and use this rifle for basically the rest of my life so i wanted a quality weapon system that could get the job done and never fail me.
Features of this AR:
Bravo Company RECCE Upper, 16" Barrel, Mid-Length Gas, 1:7 Twist. Chrome bore and chamber. Gov't Profile. Troy VTac Alpha 13" handguard
In the upper i'm running the BGM Bolt carrier group and the BCM Gunfighter Mod4 Charging handle.

For the Lower, I'm running a Rock River Arms Lower, with an RRA 2-Stage Match trigger and parts Kit, had the Gunsmith micro polish and tune all the lower parts. Daniel Defense buffer assembly, RRA Stock, and Hogue Grip.

KEEP IN MIND: This is by no means finished, this is just the base rifle, i have plans to upgrade the furniture and add accessories like sights optics and vert grip.

This is the Full Rifle:

View of the Reciever, you can get a good view of the bolt in this one:

The other side of the reciever, notice the RRA Star safety:

Here we have the BCM Vltor Mod4 Gunfighter charging handle:

And finally here we have the RRA 2-stage trigger, the trigger group has been micropolished and tuned.

So what do you guys think?
pics didnt work from photobucket so i just posted the link
P.S this is also my very first post on ARFCOM so be nice!
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:38:58 AM EDT
[#5]
In your post click on the little "picture" icon and paste the link from Photobucket into the window that pops up.  It won't work unless you are doing that.  Also make sure you are copying the "Direct" link from the list of links in Photobucket.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
first time using photobucket too, figured it all out, and in 2013, BOOM
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Now that I can see it, nice stick!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Very nice build and great job on your first AR. Good to see you did some reading before you started.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice build and great job on your first AR. Good to see you did some reading before you started.
View Quote

+1
BCM on top Rock River on the bottom.  Well done.  Nice job on the Hogue grip.  I run a Hogue and a MOE+ and the Hogue just feels perfect.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
yea...come back in 2014 and try again
View Quote

Who says thirteeners can't say funny shit?

Nice rifle!

Even better that you left your fucking toes out of the pics too!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I can hear the Libs now.
Who would want a "KILLING MACHINE" like that. OMG I just peed my pants a little bit when those vial pictures popped up on my screen.

MMMMmm  Job well done!

For God and Country!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice stick.... Optic time!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks good.  Get some sights on that sucker soon!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
That's a boat paddle, nothing more.

Sights are an accessory?

Dude, seriously?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sights are an accessory?

Dude, seriously?
View Quote

Holy shit....even the tech forum is going to shit.......
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Excellent
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice start.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sights are an accessory?

Dude, seriously?

He's made quality component choices. Nothing there is junk, nothing.

I'd have sights before I bought one mag. I can feed one round at a time to sight in.

No sights and calling them accessories is painful to hear from a newb.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'd have sights before I bought one mag. I can feed one round at a time to sight in.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sights are an accessory?

Dude, seriously?

Yeah, I can understand that, but you know, first impressions and all that......

We were all newbs once.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice stick OP.

I tell you what, the Hogue/RRA grips really are nice. I have one on the Wife's stick, and I think I prefer it over my MAID.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#21]
The only thing you need are sights and ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Get some sights asap!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice rifle and a very good first choice.

Is your magazine Irish?

Apparently it's named McGraw.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice rifle OP. Welcome to ARFcom! You went with quality parts. Now get Troy front & rear back up iron sights, a quality sling and a TLR1s or Surefire light. Shoot it with irons until you master them. Then get a red dot or a scope after your comfortable with the irons. I've mastered irons for a long time; but like them so much I never got around to adding a RDS or scope...
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I have basically the same upper!  Its an awesome setup and yours looks excellent, cant wait to see the progression...  Just slaps some Troy Irons on that sucker!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Okay, before you guys start to flip out, I know sights are as important as magazines, and i wasnt really thinking when i called them accessories. i had a cheap reflex sight on there i used to break in the barrel, but i didnt include it because it didnt do the rifle justice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So I recently decided to take the leap of faith into the AR15 community, and seeing as how these are such versitile and modular weapon systems, i splurged and went with the best parts and options i could find...
View Quote

Well that's always a good way to take a leap of faith.

I'll bet you are going to have a ball with your new AR!

Additions will come in time but the main point is that you now have a very nice rifle in your hands.

Congratulations!  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Welcome aboard!  Nice job on your first build!

I used the same grip and rail (15" though) on last build.  The rail is very lightweight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Congrats on a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm actually really digging that safety lever...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top