Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2013 5:32:54 PM EDT
I have to vent, I am new to this forum, but I have to tell you that I own 5 AR15, and I attempted to order one from Windham Weaponry and it has taken well over 130 days and all I keep getting from their LE side is the run around. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I would worry if I owned one of their rifles and their lifetime warranty if they would stand behind it and how long it would take them to fix the problem. I am not saying I deserve any special treatment but I got a Daniel Defense in a lot less time. I guess you get what you pay for. I will do everything in my power to convey my disappointment to everyone to show Windham's poor customer Service. I will not support nor recommend a company that treats people this badly. The worst part is I was told that it was a barrel issue......Really 130 days to get a barrel for a gun that does not differ at all from the civilian market. Sorry for the rant
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats weird...Windham is usually on point. They have great customer service and warranty from what ive seen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have to vent, I am new to this forum, but I have to tell you that I own 5 AR15, and I attempted to order one from Windham Weaponry and it has taken well over 130 days and all I keep getting from their LE side is the run around. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I would worry if I owned one of their rifles and their lifetime warranty if they would stand behind it and how long it would take them to fix the problem. I am not saying I deserve any special treatment but I got a Daniel Defense in a lot less time. I guess you get what you pay for. I will do everything in my power to convey my disappointment to everyone to show Windham's poor customer Service. I will not support nor recommend a company that treats people this badly. The worst part is I was told that it was a barrel issue......Really 130 days to get a barrel for a gun that does not differ at all from the civilian market. Sorry for the rant
View Quote

So what you're saying is you purchased your once-a-year rifle at the great price they offer to Law Enforcement during an industry wide unprecedented spike in sales and you're whining that you don't have it in a little over 4 months?

I had an Officer call me in January asking what I knew about Windham and if he should order a rifle at $XXX.  The price was incredible, especially considering the events that occured in this country.  I told him to order all he could and I'd send him a check.   Limit 1 :(   At the time, he knew what the lead times were and they were getting longer every day.  If I really cared, I'd call him and ask, but I don't, so I won't.

Wow...  just wow...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, you're in luck.  Windham is an industry partner here.  You can post here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/489_Windham_Weaponry.html

and get a quicker response.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me guess, your 1st post on this forum isn't in the Windham Weaponry industry forum, where one of the employees takes time to answer any and all questions members might have......

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, I am amazed, I guess didn't read that I purchased a 1500.00 Daniel Defense AR so if I really cared to get it at price lower than the civilian price I would not have also bought two RRA AR's at a price higher than the Windham as well. I wanted the rifle period....I will post to the Windham forum as well, some should probably do some research and see how many post I have on here. Great investigative skills. Just for information I attempted to buy the rifle before Windham had their price increase for LE and I had heard so much about their quality.....I obviously didn't realize how many guys get paid on here to defend Windham and their actions.....I bet the IRS will look forward to your W2's I collect AR's that's it. Funny thing is I still own every AR I purchased during the knee jerk movement. I never capitalized on being able to get AR's cheaper than the civilian market...so quit your whining. To the others that offered constructive criticism I accept your advice. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Its now on the industry forum thanks for the help....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, I am amazed, I guess didn't read that I purchased a 1500.00 Daniel Defense AR so if I really cared to get it at price lower than the civilian price I would not have also bought two RRA AR's at a price higher than the Windham as well. I wanted the rifle period....I will post to the Windham forum as well, some should probably do some research and see how many post I have on here. Great investigative skills. Just for information I attempted to buy the rifle before Windham had their price increase for LE and I had heard so much about their quality.....I obviously didn't realize how many guys get paid on here to defend Windham and their actions.....I bet the IRS will look forward to your W2's I collect AR's that's it. Funny thing is I still own every AR I purchased during the knee jerk movement. I never capitalized on being able to get AR's cheaper than the civilian market...so quit your whining. To the others that offered constructive criticism I accept your advice. Thanks
View Quote

Are you stating that you have another account here where your post count is higher than 3 as of the quoted response?

Interesting.

3rd post in on this board and then talk about "investigative skills", yet you could not find the "industry forum" AND, I know for a fact that Windham has a link to their forum on this site on their webpage.

Sheesh....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I rost
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah UncleGak, I guess you might read that I purchased a custom rifle from Daniel Defense and got it in less time please read completely before you offer your 2cents.....that's what I am saying how can I get a custom rifle quicker please 1500 or XXX.00
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh yeah UncleGak, I guess you might read that I purchased a custom rifle from Daniel Defense and got it in less time please read completely before you offer your 2cents.....that's what I am saying how can I get a custom rifle quicker please 1500 or XXX.00
View Quote

Hate to say it bud, but if you are LE, your presentation leaves A LOT to be desired.

Good thing this thread isn't in GD......
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh my gosh where the heck did this go..........I posted, I responded.....count=2 post I respond=3 I respond=4 see the pattern xwarp
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Op, seems like you should relax and shoot your 1500 dollar Daniel Defense rifle, or one of your many others, while you wait for customer service. BTW your account shows your post number count, so despite AR15's members lack of detective skills, it doesn't take much to in the way of brains to figure out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I will type this each time to show all of you math wizard....for each response my post count goes up....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]
one more
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#15]
See .....tomorrow we will work with the alaphabet
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#17]
So you all can figure this out my first topic response was when I purchased a scope mount for an M1A from a member and I replied to his post......
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#18]
13'er?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So you all can figure this out my first topic response was when I purchased a scope mount for an M1A from a member and I replied to his post......
View Quote

a super quick search of google revealed that sherlock....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

What the hell are you talking about
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I've only ever experienced fantastic customer service from them. Also, the rifle (SRC) I have of theirs is becoming on of my favorites. It's solid, dependable, strangely accurate, and just runs well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have what he is having, lol.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry, but some where question my topic or post count.....don't know why but they did so I helped them figure it out sorry for the BS. I didn't mean to stoop to those levels. I cant do the face thing at the end of my replies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Its Ok, sorry for your aggravation with WW.
They seem to be a good company...but I'm no expert on them.
130 day is nothing compared to what my buddy is going thru with Spikes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey man that is the internet, jerks abound. They are immature kids who love hiding behind their computers. You have to have a thick skin to go on the net, even if you are just asking a simple question.

This place like any other forum is filled with the internet experts and children with poor manners. There are a lot of places here that requires time to learn about and the right place to post. Never mind that the correct place to post many times never gets seen and you never get an answer. Never mind that the search engine is not that good, you'll always get the clown that says use the search engine.

It's best not to answer some of the people here, they will twist what you say even more to try and make you look stupid and get you angry. That's what they do for fun, I don't understand that type of behavior but this is 2013 and not my world. In my time people like that were usually taught the hard way how to act. With this new world communication it seems there is no longer a need to act in a civil manner or try to be helpful, just be a sarcastic little twit as you snicker behind your screen.

I have heard nothing but good things about that company. Every once in a while good companies drop the ball, it happens.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

at BigDaddy57bluesmanuhhh...
actually nobody twisted anything he posted, he just seemed a little worked up earlier, lol
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

actually nobody twisted anything he posted, he just seemed a little worked up earlier, lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did exactly what I said, you twisted what I said. I did not say anybody twisted what he said. I said that is what is done. See that's the issue, when people respond they do not read the post, they glance through it and usually misinterpret what a person is saying. This is part of the problem on the internet, people do not pay attention 100% to what they are reading. It happens constantly.

Before I respond and hit that Submit button I try very hard to make sure I understood what the person said. How many times do I see people saying things just to voice an opinion about something other than what was asked, it's amazing. A guy asks a question and people say go buy a Colt on this forum. I ask about companies making off the shelve rifles and people talk about uppers and lowers, that was not asked.

Is it a reading comprehension issue here? Someone please explain.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Everyone, not just Windham, is backed up from months to years right now.  It has no reflection on their warranty work.  There are plenty of dealers like us who have  plenty of Windhams in stock.  My suggestion is to buy what you want from a stocking dealer, or wait some more months for Windham to get down to your name on their waiting list - patiently.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Guys, I understand about being patient, I would have to post the emails that I have received from them. The first was," we received payment and your order is processed, you are looking at 60-90 days. I watched over this period of time other guys from my area receive their rifle that placed their order within a week of mine. It was then stated it was going to take another 45 days after the 90, those days have come and gone and still nothing. I was told by a local dealer that they could sell me a Windham rifle for around the same price in the last month. I continued to be patient and when I was told in the last couple of weeks that my order would ship by the end of the month of July and I have seen other guys get their guns that ordered after me, I am done being patient. Yes, I am upset, yes, I am done being patient, and yes I have seen several local dealers receive Windham's, Rock Rivers, DPMS and several other brands come and go up to the point where now we are back to a surplus and the bottom has dropped out and a local dealer has resorted to selling RRA flat tops with 500 rounds for 900.00(speer ammo). If I cared about the price I could have already purchased a rifle from another dealer for roughly the same price I was quoted by Windham. Its the principle that they haven't stood behind their words.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Did you use a credit card? They said ship end of month give it to the 31st and contact your CC company and tell them about it. No company should hit your CC until they ship unless it was a special order. Get your money back and buy one off the shelf. It sounds like there is something a little different about this rifle and they are waiting for a specific part. I hate when a company is not honest, they should have said so if that was the case and offered you another rifle they have there. If it is just the same as everybody else's then it's just one of those slip through the cracks things and it has happened to me with a few items in my life, just bad luck. It's very frustrating and confusing to a consumer when he sees people getting things he should have gotten. Like I said is it the same rifle or is there something special about it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Its Ok, sorry for your aggravation with WW.
They seem to be a good company...but I'm no expert on them.
130 day is nothing compared to what my buddy is going thru with Spikes.
View Quote

At least he didn't order an OBR LOL.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hey man that is the internet, jerks abound. They are immature kids who love hiding behind their computers. You have to have a thick skin to go on the net, even if you are just asking a simple question.

This place like any other forum is filled with the internet experts and children with poor manners. There are a lot of places here that requires time to learn about and the right place to post. Never mind that the correct place to post many times never gets seen and you never get an answer. Never mind that the search engine is not that good, you'll always get the clown that says use the search engine.

It's best not to answer some of the people here, they will twist what you say even more to try and make you look stupid and get you angry. That's what they do for fun, I don't understand that type of behavior but this is 2013 and not my world. In my time people like that were usually taught the hard way how to act. With this new world communication it seems there is no longer a need to act in a civil manner or try to be helpful, just be a sarcastic little twit as you snicker behind your screen.

I have heard nothing but good things about that company. Every once in a while good companies drop the ball, it happens.
View Quote

remember when respect was taught with a tender loving belt and or "switch" or any blunt object in reach.. or even a firm back hand even?... those days are gone.. thank god for the do good liberals and the advancement of "child abuse" laws...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top