Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:32:33 PM EDT
I want to run a smooth, modular rail on this new rifle.  I also want to use hand stops as well.  I just got an email telling me that geissele doesn't make the mk4 keyhole version unless they have a large contract for them (I thought they were going to start selling them).  What are my options and is there something that I need to know about running the handstop on a smooth section of rail?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Noveske rail gonna be thinner, and lighter than the Geissele
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
What about a KAC URX or Centurian CMR if youre looking for more options?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Or even a Fortis REV rail. Super light and best price of them all. And keymod
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 13" MK4 and like it. The KAC URX 3 rail panels fit on it. Total weight counting barrel nut is 11.9 oz. If you really want key mod the BCM upper thread had pics of their new key mod rail, aluminum and magnesium alloy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the MK4, but I think of it more of a SPRish rail.  It's what I'm putting on my SPR anyway.  For a light run and gun type of build I'd go with the NSR or the CMR.  I've had a NSR.  Great rail.  I'm building a CMR upper right now.  I thought the NSR and CMR felt better in the hand then the MK4, but I love the looks of the MK4.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The Geissle only weighs about an ounce more, and has anti rotation. In all honesty, when I add a rail it usually doesn't move from that spot. I think the KM system is great, but not a deal breaker at all.

Myself, I'm torn between the Geissle and the Fortis REV.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top