Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2013 4:03:51 PM EDT
I got an ad from Sinclair featuring the Geissele G2S trigger at a very attractive price, so I looked into it.  According to Geissele, there are few differences between the G2S and the SSA, most being cosmetic and related to QC.

Anyone here have (or have tried) both?  Is the SSA $60 better than the G2S?
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I see little reason for 99% of people to pony the extra cash for the SSA.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone with experience with both?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 3:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had them and I don't get the appeal of the Geissele 4.5 lb triggers for anything but a combat weapon...waste of money as far as I'm concerned. For that kind of use, I'll run an ALG ACT for $65 (or QMS for $45).  Add a set of JP yellow springs if it suits you (not as reliable, but nice and light pull weight).

For target shooting, hunting, and just about everything else, I'd go with the SSA-E or SD-E...those triggers are worth every penny.

I've had the SSA and I didn't think it was worth the $160 I paid at the time (this was two years and I think $50 worth of price increases ago)...can't imagine liking the G2S any better

ETA - And why the SSA went up something like $50 in two years is beyond me...I love their products and service, but that seems excessive to me...like they needed to make room in the pricing lineup for their cheaper triggers.  I would not be surprised to see them drop the SSA...and then you're left paying the old SSA price for a cheaper trigger (G2S).
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I own an SSA and SSA-E.  From what I've read between the differences between the two if I needed a new trigger I would go with the G2S.  Doesn't seem worth it to throw another $50-$60 for a few QC checks on it.  I bought an SSA when they were like $210 and then a month or two later they rolled out the G2S.  I would have gone with the G2S and saved myself the money.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an SSA in my match rifle and plan to drop in an SSA-E.

Then use the SSA in my middy build.

If I was starting from scratch for two rifles I would do the SSA-E and the G2S
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The clip system to retain the G2S kinda bothers me.  I'm sure it's perfectly fine and I have no logical reason to dislike it.  *shrug*

I'm just going to sit here and enjoy my SSA triggers.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've had them and I don't get the appeal of the Geissele 4.5 lb triggers for anything but a combat weapon...waste of money as far as I'm concerned. For that kind of use, I'll run an ALG ACT for $65 (or QMS for $45).  Add a set of JP yellow springs if it suits you (not as reliable, but nice and light pull weight).

For target shooting, hunting, and just about everything else, I'd go with the SSA-E or SD-E...those triggers are worth every penny.

I've had the SSA and I didn't think it was worth the $160 I paid at the time (this was two years and I think $50 worth of price increases ago)...can't imagine liking the G2S any better

ETA - And why the SSA went up something like $50 in two years is beyond me...I love their products and service, but that seems excessive to me...like they needed to make room in the pricing lineup for their cheaper triggers.  I would not be surprised to see them drop the SSA...and then you're left paying the old SSA price for a cheaper trigger (G2S).

I questioned the price increase in their forum. I just about got tarred and feathered for even bringing the subject up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, the difference is on the parts and QC, apparently the feel is the same but you are getting more quality with the SSA. I don't have the G2S to verify, but I have SSA and luv it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top