Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2013 4:30:47 PM EDT
Has anyone heard of Duck Creek Armory and if so how well do there ar15's do i have seen the youtube video of one of the torture.

Duck Creek

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My soft drink of choice for lube is Sprite.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Duck Creek Armory is my local shop and they shot that video at my range (LMT uses it too). I don't have any experience with their AR's, but they seem like a good group of guys.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Duck Creek Armory is my local shop and they shot that video at my range (LMT uses it too). I don't have any experience with their AR's, but they seem like a good group of guys.

Yep.  They reside in Davenport, IA.    Ive fondled a few of their weapons.  Dont know the quality though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard of Duck Creek Armory and if so how well do there ar15's do i have seen the youtube video of one of the torture.

Duck Creek

http://youtu.be/HA1iMchq0RQ

I saw that gun on display at their store today.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for some of the info i am thinking about selling my dpms oracle and maybe buying one of their's.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I do know they have a lifetime transferable warranty if that means anything to you. It's also veteran owned/operated. Owner is a former Ranger.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Needs a heavier buffer, overgassed mutha

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My brother in law ordered one from them...it's seems decent.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do know they have a lifetime transferable warranty if that means anything to you. It's also veteran owned/operated. Owner is a former Ranger.

Aren't they all?
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't they all?

It does seem to be the case these days.  Not laughing at the fact, before you bastards swarm on me, but this reply is a good one!
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't they all?

It does seem to be the case these days.  Not laughing at the fact, before you bastards swarm on me, but this reply is a good one!

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Just what we need, another AR Manufacturer, TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Nothing against their store, but what in the point of their 'dirt' and 'mud' test where they throw mud and dirt on the LEFT side of the weapon (opposite side of ejection port)?! While they did at one point put some on the RIGHT side, I do not understand the LEFT where it seems more emphasized in the video.

From the first two minutes I watched.

From their 4:12 "Test Video"

Stated "500 rounds, 8 destructive test, 0 weapon failures"

(unknown "magazine, ammo, or other" failures).

0:00-0:34 (intro)

cut frame

0:35-0:41 (14 rounds)

cut frame

0:46-0:49 (4 rounds shot)

cut frame

0:54-0:57 (9 rounds w/ beta mag)

cut frame

0:59-1:18 (dirt test on LEFT side, opposite of ejection, flip weapon around with @ 1:00 and put small mound of dirt on top of closed bolt and press down with hand then flip weapon around again and shake dirt off and then shoot 15 rounds.)

cut frame

1:20-1:53 (mud test on LEFT side again opposite of ejection. Just wet enough to hold dirt together as shown when he throws it down, he is able to pick same glob up again and throw in against the RIGHT side of upper again. Shakes off and then shoots. Not even putting any on the ejection port. Shoots two rounds, JAMS(?) at 1:37, reloads (notice before reload; he pulls trigger and no shot, he reloads magazine, then pulls charging handle expending one case that was in chamber), and then shoots 6 rounds, then picks up caked up mud and puts in on LEFT side again and then barely putting it on the RIGHT side at 1:49 on closed bolt shoots 3 rounds.

cut frame

1:54-2:02 (shoots two rounds)

cut frame

2:03-2:08 (bolt has difficulting going forward(?))

cut frame/cut frame/cut frame/cut frame/continues for 2 more minutes…

Hard to document a torture test of your own product with that editing process. Hell, I still don't know if I saw them shoot 30 rounds without a cut frame. With ammo being as expensive as it is, they could of just had 4 cameras video shooting 60 rounds and spliced, cut, and reused them.

Again, nothing against their gun but their video of a 'torture test' is a joke.

The only two things that I saw "hard" on the weapon was throwing it 30m into soft green grass (without its magazine), running it over in gravel with a truck, and then shooting at it from 50m with a shotgun.

If a manufacturer wants to document a torture test, I think it would be prudent to limit the use of cut frames for each exercise.

But as badazzar15 says, I would expect most ARs from even the lower 'tiered' level to survive this "test".

From my perspective it appears this is more of a promotional video than documenting a torture test. I don't even think they showed the gun shooting more than 100 rounds, they just simply stated they did in the begining. Again, as a promotional video, not bad. As documentation of a torture test, fail.

But I give them credit for this video since it at least makes us mention their name and publicity is good when you are completely unknown.

How much are their weapons compared to BCM/COLT/LMT/DD/SPIKES/etc?

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll pipe in on Duck Creek Armory's DCA-15s. They are real nice. I know the guys, the shop is a couple blocks from my house. The original DCA rifles were built on a Sun Devil lowers.

When parts were getting hard to come by, they decided they wanted to build their own with quality and a great price. You oughta see what these guys have accomplished in 6 months! After being told it couldn't be done, they bought a used CNC machine, hired a fella with great weapons machining experience and are moving forward. They are now building their own in house billet lowers and they are gorgeous.

The rifle they built me is awesome. They are custom guns built to customer specs as well as some base models. $799 for a base M4 with a billet lower receiver is pretty good I think. Mine has a Ranier stainless 14.5" middy 1:8 .223 Wylde barrel with a permanent FH, Vltor stock, ArmaLite 2-stage trigger and Magpul furniture. I shot a local CMP match with it. I hadn't had time to sight-in before hand, so I took my chances with my 5 sighters. I was shooting to the left (my error), but the guys in the pits told me it was grouping very well.

In defense of the video, this was the first time Joe had ever edited a video, so it definitely wasn't Steven Spielberg quality, but I gotta give him props for learning it all on the fly.

The video of the torture test wasn't meant to show that their ARs are the best in the world, but more what any AR SHOULD be able to stand up to. I gave them crap about the mud on the left side. :) I think part of it was sorta tongue-in-cheek. They probably would have done the "Twinkie" test if there were any available. But as we all know, those are being hoarded and are hard to come by. (Funny thing is, Twinkies were built just a couple blocks from the shop as well. I'm thinking maybe we should have them go into manufacturing those too!)

There is a second video that beats that same rifle up a bunch more.

http://youtu.be/E7dDr7KunCM

Its very cool to have these made in my own backyard. Considering we have ArmaLite, Rock River, Superior and Springfield in the area, we might get this gun building thing figured out here? :)

Anyways, these are good guys, they are ex-military, and they love shooting. And don't forget the lifetime warranty. I trust them and recommend them. Give them a chance. Hey, all the good ones had to start somewhere.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/MadKaw69/DCALower1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/MadKaw69/DCALower2.jpg
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Was that not a malfunction at 1:28 ???

He stopped firing... checked the chamber... then just kinda changed mags all nonchalantly and charged it.  When he charged it, it ejected a casing.

**Edit**

Definitely a malfunction at 1:28... I went to youtube so i could go HD-Fullscreen that bitch and yea... at 1:28 he pulled the trigger, got nothing, checked chamber, and then switched out mags and cleared the malfunction.  And then at 2:06 he had to beat the shit out of the FA to close the bolt.  Why did they even post this video

Here is the description:

"This is a video testing the capabilities of our base rifle the "Basic M4" under adverse conditions. We put 500 rounds through it with no weapon failures. Our rifles are manufactured in Davenport, Iowa and all come with a transferable lifetime warranty. For ordering information check out our website duckcreekarmory.com, visit the store, or call 563-265-3780. Please comment ideas for future videos!"

-I'm sure it was the Pmags that were causing problems
-Comments had been disabled for the video haha
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah I saw that too! But i also blew it up and took a closer look. I dont think he actually pulled the trigger. Idk... But you cant blame the guy for smashin on his FA. The bolt is dry and covered in dirt. Im not even sure my LMT would run like that nor would i want to run it over! That mag that says "Test only" looks like one of those Chinese garbage RWB mags. I picked one up at Gander a couple months ago and it was so tight fitting that i needed to hand sand down the corners.

This video is cool, but could definitely benefit from better editing. Although would you want to watch an hour and a half video of him burning every round? Yawn....

I cringed watching their 2nd video!
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah I saw that too! But i also blew it up and took a closer look. I dont think he actually pulled the trigger. Idk... But you cant blame the guy for smashin on his FA. The bolt is dry and covered in dirt. Im not even sure my LMT would run like that nor would i want to run it over! That mag that says "Test only" looks like one of those Chinese garbage RWB mags. I picked one up at Gander a couple months ago and it was so tight fitting that i needed to hand sand down the corners.

This video is cool, but could definitely benefit from better editing. Although would you want to watch an hour and a half video of him burning every round? Yawn....

I cringed watching their 2nd video!

IDK... it definitely looks like he did... and then he chamber checked

The second vid definitely was much harsher
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top