User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 228
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:
Anyone know where I might find a Colt side sling swivel?
View Quote

Thoroughbred Armament posted some recently
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

Damn, out of stock
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#4]
View Quote

Brownells had them a couple of days ago.

Eta: STILL DO
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

View All Quotes

Oh thanks.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Starting to like this more than the Block II.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316069/92741573-3D80-4E18-A347-624AA288A670_jpe-1748706.JPG

View Quote

Sploosh
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Won't be Colt, but you can get the same thing from RRA for half the price.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:27:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#9]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

Last 2 that I bought were laser engraved CAGE PART NUMBER.  .

Stag has a similar offering for cheap as well.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Last 2 that I bought were laser engraved CAGE.

View Quote

The Colt’s were laser engraved?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#11]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FONTY:

Last 2 that I bought were laser engraved CAGE.

Nah, the RRA side swivels were laser engraved. Ill see if I have a pic handy.....

Edit: my bad, part # is laser engraved NOT CAGE. I bought 2 of these from RRA:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Strange part is CAGE code is LMT on the saddles. Cannot say what the story is there?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:21:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#12]
Serious question. Wouldn't the more appropriate one be the type that has the two different sides? The one that accommodates different barrel profiles?

Edit: the one shaped like this
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Serious question. Wouldn't the more appropriate one be the type that has the two different sides? The one that accommodates different barrel profiles?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316069/04C16BB5-A4BE-4052-9AC4-A3DAB10366F4_jpe-1753940.JPG
View Quote

That's how all of my older ones look.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#14]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316069/04C16BB5-A4BE-4052-9AC4-A3DAB10366F4_jpe-1753940.JPG
View Quote

That was the earlier version, dont see too many .625 journals now
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Always considered those A1/A2 upgrades.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]
As soon as I saw TAC post some surplus 14.5 socom’s I knew it was time for me to build a 1.5 PR.  Sourced a Diemaco upper and BCG from a clone group.  Rail is from the EE.  Only new parts I had to buy were the taper pins for the fsgb, and the delta ring assembly.  Probably my new favorite build.
" />
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Real_Payne:
As soon as I saw TAC post some surplus 14.5 socom’s I knew it was time for me to build a 1.5 PR.  Sourced a Diemaco upper and BCG from a clone group.  Rail is from the EE.  Only new parts I had to buy were the taper pins for the fsgb, and the delta ring assembly.  Probably my new favorite build.
https://i.ibb.co/yYYtg67/FD731192-82-D7-4-C31-B25-B-60722-B7-A758-B.jpg https://i.ibb.co/vZ3QYQX/2921808-A-5234-4-D2-C-A7-D9-13-D204755284.jpg https://i.ibb.co/9ZhDk8w/0-CFC470-A-C217-47-AC-8-D5-A-084-F39-FD6-AF1.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.ibb.co/yYYtg67/FD731192-82-D7-4-C31-B25-B-60722-B7-A758-B.jpg https://i.ibb.co/vZ3QYQX/2921808-A-5234-4-D2-C-A7-D9-13-D204755284.jpg https://i.ibb.co/9ZhDk8w/0-CFC470-A-C217-47-AC-8-D5-A-084-F39-FD6-AF1.jpg
View Quote

Muzzle device?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:

Muzzle device?
View Quote

SF3P
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:38:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#19]
Happy New Year’s Eve, folks.

This thread may be the death of me yet. For my clone build I think I have everything necessary to make it a close copy of a SOPMOD Block I, OR an MWS.

So here’s my question: for a late model MWS, would a Surefire M600 Ultra Scout Light be correct?  Asking because I went to the archived MWS thread someone recently posted here and saw it was listed as a viable option.

If at all possible, I would like to buy a brand new weapon light for this build, and I found an M600 available in black.

As always, thanks for your insight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

This thread may be the death of me yet. For my clone build I think I have everything necessary to make it a close copy of a SOPMOD Block I, OR an MWS.

So here’s my question: for a late model MWS, would a Surefire M600 Ultra Scout Light be correct?  Asking because I went to the archived MWS thread someone recently posted here and saw it was listed as a viable option.

If at all possible, I would like to buy a brand new weapon light for this build, and I found an M600 available in black.

View Quote

I don't believe I've seen that light on either. If it is, it's because it was a private purchase.

Others in here may say otherwise but I won't hate on you for using it. Hey, just post pics without the light mounted and you'll be clone
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

I don't believe I've seen that light on either. If it is, it's because it was a private purchase.

Others in here may say otherwise but I won't hate on you for using it. Hey, just post pics without the light mounted and you'll be clone
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Marine Recon with an M4A1 with what looks like a Surefire M600DF.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Happy New Year's Eve, folks.

So here's my question: for a late model MWS, would a Surefire M600 Ultra Scout Light be correct?  Asking because I went to the archived MWS thread someone recently posted here and saw it was listed as a viable option.

View Quote
Just fine for an MWS... although a personal purchase.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#23]
This sexy mother fucker had a 600 on his back in '11.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks guys. I just ordered a tan M600DF with tan switch assembly & rail mount tape switch. Looking forward to putting it all together.

Have a Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#25]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

Marine Recon with an M4A1 with what looks like a Surefire M600DF.

https://i.imgur.com/bdZyOfH.jpg
View Quote

Also, I had wondered when I would ever see a picture of my KAC USMC 200-600 micro BUIS on an actual military rifle, so thanks for posting this pic for both the flashlight I just ordered and an alternate KAC BUIS I already have.

Now to further muddy the waters, if I were to take off my MaTech BUIS and replace it with my KAC USMC 200-600 BUIS, then what the hell kind of clone’ish M4 would I have???

(it would look a hell of a lot like the setup in this picture)

ETA: this cloning shit is exhausting!

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Also, I had wondered when I would ever see a picture of my KAC USMC 200-600 micro BUIS on an actual military rifle, so thanks for posting this pic for both the flashlight I just ordered and an alternate KAC BUIS I already have.

Now to further muddy the waters, if I were to take off my MaTech BUIS and replace it with my KAC USMC 200-600 BUIS, then what the hell kind of clone'ish M4 would I have???

(it would look a hell of a lot like the setup in this picture)

ETA: this cloning shit is exhausting!

View Quote
Have you never seen a picture of a Marines rifle in like the last ten years?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:28:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#27]
Have you never seen a picture of a Marines rifle in like the last ten years?
View Quote

Actually, no.  I always search Google and Yahoo images and links before asking questions here, but can never seem to find what I’m looking for.  Regarding cloning resources, the same few websites always come up, then a ton of useless Airsoft shit websites. The same is true with my image searches...

If I switched out the BUIS, it would look just like the one in the picture, but with a TA31RCO or CompM4s on top (sans the rattle can paint job).

ETA: While I come from a long-line of military family (hell, I was even born on a base), I was never in the military myself, so I’m sure I’m just ignorant as to the keywords for specific rifles I’ve been looking for.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Actually, no.  I always search Google and Yahoo images and links before asking questions here, but can never seem to find what I’m looking for.  Regarding cloning resources, the same few websites always come up, then a ton of useless Airsoft shit websites. The same is true with my image searches...

If I switched out the BUIS, it would look just like the one in the picture, but with a TA31RCO or CompM4s on top (sans the rattle can paint job).
View Quote

That's the benefit of threads like this.

Knowledge pool is large, ask away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

If you go with the USMC BUIS you have a USMC M4 clone, then the RCOM4 would be correct.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Corps has switched over recently to a different RCO. If I remember it's called the M7. Same as the old one just different reticle and markings on the outside. Additionally peq16s are more common on Marine m4 however 15s are still in the armory and no lights are issued. Hence my 600 on my rifle. Additionally feel free to paint it as some battalions painted their rifles and some even had NT4s. Pretty much every rifle had a USMC BUIS though there was like one matech or gg&g BUIS. Of course magazines are Pmags. Pretty easy to do a USMC M4 MWS. M4a1s that snipers used were painted w/ nt4s and su230 elcans.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, shit & yee-haw!  Because yes, the ACOG I have is the USMC RCO, so I’d finally have a correct clone!

But, alas, it wouldn’t be welcomed in this thread now, would it?

FML

(I feel like a Ronin)
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, shit & yee-haw!  Because yes, the ACOG I have is the USMC RCO, so I'd finally have a correct clone!

But, alas, it wouldn't be welcomed in this thread now, would it?

FML

(I feel like a Ronin)
View Quote

Technically if your going strictly by the title of the thread, but also recons rifles would go either actually
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I should probably mention that I bought the USMC ACOG a few years ago for my only other (100% correct) clone, my M16A4.

But I didn’t build or do shit to acquire that one, other than fork out a small fortune to FN for their Military Collection M16A4.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Very nice!

I'm in the process of putting one together that will be very similar to this if the USPS will get off their ass.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Corps has switched over recently to a different RCO. If I remember it's called the M7. Same as the old one just different reticle and markings on the outside. Additionally peq16s are more common on Marine m4 however 15s are still in the armory and no lights are issued. Hence my 600 on my rifle. Additionally feel free to paint it as some battalions painted their rifles and some even had NT4s. Pretty much every rifle had a USMC BUIS though there was like one matech or gg&g BUIS. Of course magazines are Pmags. Pretty easy to do a USMC M4 MWS. M4a1s that snipers used were painted w/ nt4s and su230 elcans.
View Quote

If you could indulge a question...
I have a MC manual 3-01 from 2012 that has no BUIS mounted (if no room) and the RCO mounting protocol to be basically "get another Marine to help and place that sucker where your eye relief is happy."  BUIS apparently just carried along if you wanted the RCO further back.

Did that doctrine change?
Thanks. :)
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Badger52:

If you could indulge a question...
I have a MC manual 3-01 from 2012 that has no BUIS mounted (if no room) and the RCO mounting protocol to be basically "get another Marine to help and place that sucker where your eye relief is happy."  BUIS apparently just carried along if you wanted the RCO further back.

Did that doctrine change?
Thanks. :)
View Quote
No. Still had your bud place the RCO while you got your natural point of aim. Enhanced eye relief kits where in the armory, however everyone (grunts) have m4s or 27s now so length of pull is no longer that big of an issue as it was w/ the a4. So no one that I know of removed their BUIS or even had the stupid Hex key on hand.
Additionally, the average lance corporal truly doesn't give a shit. I've seen some questionable peq placements and pretty far forward mounted rcos.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:Additionally, the average lance corporal truly doesn't give a shit.
View Quote

Ok (lmao), thanks very much for taking the time.  Happy New Year.
:)
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Chris at SAC must have thrown together some of those surplus parts to make up URGs. Solid base for somebody starting out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Chris at SAC must have thrown together some of those surplus parts to make up URGs. Solid base for somebody starting out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20210101-222911_Samsung_Inter-1759750.JPG
View Quote

Do you have a link to his site?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20210101-222911_Samsung_Inter-1759750.JPG

SAC

My suggestion....call the man rather than email. Ask any questions upfront. He's easy to talk to. These are surplus parts and a few have expectations otherwise it seems.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#41]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316069/92741573-3D80-4E18-A347-624AA288A670_jpe-1748706.JPG

View Quote
hot
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#42]
Oops
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Coyote or Black stock?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#44]
Coyote. It looks correct at 1st glance compared to the gen II sopmod
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#45]
All of the flashlight talk a few pages back motivated me to fix a few things on my rig. I enjoy trying to get things right so I welcome advise on anything that needs fixing.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey, so last night i mounted a red dot on my RAS to mess with people, but in all seriousness, I seem to recall seeing photos from the early 2k's with CCO's mounted on them over seas. Can anyone confirm that?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
Hey, so last night i mounted a red dot on my RAS to mess with people, but in all seriousness, I seem to recall seeing photos from the early 2k's with CCO's mounted on them over seas. Can anyone confirm that?
View Quote

I don't remember where I saw those, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#49]
It's definitely been done.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#50]
All of my 14.5” & 14.7” M4 profile barrels came with a bottom front sling loop.  I noticed a long time ago that all of the military models and most of the clones posted here don’t have these.  Did you all just remove them with a punch and hammer?

I have added side sling mounts to all of them a few years ago, but because of this, they all have both the front and side loops and that has been bugging me for a long time.

I’ve been vacillating on whether or not to punch the bottom ones out - what do y’all think?

My hesitation is that if I do, I can’t rivet it back in if I decide to later and am hesitant to remove an OEM Colt part, even just a tiny unused one.

So, remove, or keep both?

Thanks.
Page / 228
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top