Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:00:45 PM EDT
I'm lookin at buying a colt le6920, but came across a colt leo 6920. Can anyone tell me if I can legally own the leo? I know it was made during the ban, and the ban has been lifted, but can i still own it? I live in michigan if that means anything.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can legally own the Colt.  That stamp was used during the AWB 1994-2004 but Colt continued to stamp the 6920 after the ban expired.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Just don't move to New York.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you know it was made during the ban? I'm assuming that you don't mean the model is LEO6920; I've never heard of that. They are all LE6920's (except the brief SP6920) as far as I am aware. I have an LE6920 from 2009 that says "COLTS LAW ENFORCEMENT CARBINE" on one side and has the restricted roll mark on the other. This, of course, is not subject to the ban. Is this what you are looking at?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes you can.  I picked up two NIB Colts with the restricted rollmark in shops in NC.  I have no idea why they kept stamping them after the ban was lifted but they eventually stopped.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I sought out a LE stamped 6920 as my own little way of giving the middle finger to Colt and to BHO.  At one time, Colt's company policy not to sell LE/Gov't stamped AR's to mere civilians.  The local dealers that I frequent never followed this Colt directive.  I love Colt rifles, but their attitude toward common folk wasn't always favorable.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sought out a LE stamped 6920 as my own little way of giving the middle finger to Colt and to BHO.  At one time, Colt's company policy not to sell LE/Gov't stamped AR's to mere civilians.  The local dealers that I frequent never followed this Colt directive.  I love Colt rifles, but their attitude toward common folk wasn't always favorable.

It's improving though. They're really pushing for the consumer market.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top