Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2012 2:29:50 PM EDT
I finally took the plunge and ordered myself an SSA trigger. I'd been contemplating joining club Geissele for a while now. Now it is done.

It will be replacing the RRA NM 2-stage in this rifle:

Now the RRA trigger will end up in a different rifle. Never had any problems with the RRA at all. I just wanted the Geissele.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good move, I have a SSA in my A4 clone as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You're gonna love it! Problem is, if you have multiple ARs, now you will have to get one for all of your guns.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You're gonna love it! Problem is, if you have multiple ARs, now you will have to get one for all of your guns.

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I was worried about this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I just made the plunge as well...got it at Joe Bob's for $170.95 shipped.  I spent hours deciding on whether to go with the SSA or SSA-E.  I finally decided to go with the SSA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Yep, all of mine have them, 1 SSA, 2 SSA-Es and a DMR.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
About the only question I have these days is which Geissele model goes into each AR...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
One fine day, you'll do the math on how much $ you have tied up in Geisseles (or even JP, AR Gold, ADCO-toughened RRAs, but mostly Geissele) for your ARs.  When you regain consciousness, you'll consider buying even more of them.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
They are addictive, I have 4 or 5 SSAs in my rifles and 2 high speed DMR triggers...they are the best
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]
The ssa is nice!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea, they are like crack.  I've got a couple SSA's, a SDC, an SAA-E, and a couple of S3G's.  They are like Pringles....
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been resistant on buying 180 dollar triggers.

Say I was to buy one.

What are the differences in the Geissele trigger models?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#13]
i have 3 ssa and 2 rra 2 stage in some of my rifles. IME the ssa is going to be more durable but the RRA have a nicer pull. i have had zero problems from my RRA and they have many rounds on them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Say I was to buy one.

What you really need to decide is what you wan to do with your rifle.
For all around use, the SSA is the way to go; good trigger for serious social work (and heavy enough to avoid an unexpected discharge), but plenty light and clean enough for precision shooting.
Moon
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered another one.  

I have a 4# Timney in my latest build, and I am missing that first stage.  I have not yet shot the damn thing, but I am already thinking of swapping it over to my .308

This latest rifle I put together might be my go to rifle, and the SSA is just too familiar, and I really like that first stage.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Feel, weight, and adjustability.  Their site describes them all.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Say I was to buy one.

For the straight dollar value I think the SSA-E is the best.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:59:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Good choice, your going to love it. Perfect all around trigger IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:05:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Last year I shot a buddy's rifle with a SSA. Big mistake.

Now I own 1 SSA, 2 SSA-Es, and a SD.

That ended up being the most expensive range trip ever.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

right...i have an SD3G in one of mine...i have other ARs, but putting it in all of them is not possible for me financially...I will probably just get one for my socom ii and call it a day..
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm the proud owner of 4 SSA-Es.  Like some others have said in previous threads, if running a magnified optic, perhaps the SSA-E would be the better choice.  For duty and/or iron sights, perhaps the SSA is the pick.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

This.  Say goodbye to all your current triggers.
I have 2 SSA's, and just got an S3G, which is the SHIZ!  I LOVE the S3G.
I have two other AR's - one has a Wilson TTU, which is a great drop-in trigger.  The other is an Accuracy Speaks trigger, which is OK, but I don't believe it's as robust as the Geisseles.
That's the thing about Geisseles - they perform great, and I believe them to be as sturdy as the USGI crap triggers that come in any standard LPK.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#23]
(Copied and pasted from another thread where I just posted)

I drank the Kool-Aid today and slapped down the money for a Geissele Hi-Speed Nat'l Match trigger.

I tried my buddy's AR with the SSA trigger today and couldn't believe the difference in his and my stock unit. After coming back from the range and consuming a couple of adult beverages to re-hydrate (and let me HIGHLY recommend Tukee's Sports Grille (formerly Hooters) at the corner of 48th St & Chandler Blvd, as they have damned excellent food for a bar!) my next stop was the LGS across the street from Tukee's, where I slapped down the green my wife still doesn't know about and took my prize home. After a couple of hours studying the instructions and tweaking settings (only because I am a noob at tearing down my AR!) I have a fantastic new toy I can't wait to try out at the range.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to the happy trigger finger club.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:25:12 AM EDT
[#25]
my sd-e just came in today, These G's are friggin quality, wow
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top