Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2012 3:51:59 PM EDT
i really have no intention of getting another ar or anything...it was just something that kind of crossed my mind....I have never seen much of anything on the les baer line of ar15s on any of the forums...but i know they are a highly respected company(at least when it comes to 1911s)

so what is the deal with this?  are their ars not as good?...or do people just firure there are more tested and proven rifles/carbines out there for the respective pricerange. For isnstance, i noticed on their website that their "law enforcement" model(that while it guarenteed 1 moa) i assumed was their competetion to the Colt, DD, and BCM msrpd at about almost 1700..
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know many shooters that I've encountered that fit the target market for a LB carbine. Plus they are more expensive than most of the competition.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
LB is proud of his rifles and I don't think that most Arfcommers are that flush..
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of their matched upper and lowers. It is quality like no other. There is absolutely no play. The only thing is they are proud of their stuff. Their customer service is not the greatest either.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I own 2 LB rifles. I got very good deals on them. One has a 1/8 chrome moly barrel which was a special order. I think LB is the only barrel in this twist in a non stainless barrel. Supposedly all the parts are made in house.

They both shoot like lasers, but I would not pay the price they are asking.  

CS issues. Everything has to go to Les for approval. I had a problem with one rifle it was fixed but I was not really happy with the fix. Basically I was told they fixed the problem and that's that.

One of my rifles is the LE model.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I know nothing about his rifles.

But I am very familiar with his pistols and his "customer service".

Based on that, I would not accept a Les Baer rifle as a free gift.

Link Posted: 12/9/2012 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know nothing about his rifles.

But I am very familiar with his pistols and his "customer service".

Based on that, I would not accept a Les Baer rifle as a free gift.

Pretty strong statement and I agree.  

I tried to like/use  Baer pistols but it didn't work out at all.   YMMV.

Link Posted: 12/9/2012 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I recall a thread some time ago about a LB that was a poor fit of lower/upper.

They supposedly fixed it by grinding the aluminum receiver.  The customer was left with bare aluminum showing and told to go fish when he complained.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a very good friend with one, it does shoot lights out but I'll say that the Spikes I put together shoots pretty much the same. This same friend has several of his 1911's and he loves them. As one poster said, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure about their ar15 stuff, but they make great 1911's.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Supposedly all the parts are made in house.

They CLAIM that!

Young Manufacturing makes their bolts, bolt carriers, folding front sights. Who knows what else is farmed out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a forend from them once. The top rail was higher than the std. flat top upper.
When I called to ask about it I was told "they're all like that" and basically told to fuck off.

They will NEVER see another dime from me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top