Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2012 11:47:48 AM EDT
Hey guys,   I just recently purchased the Troy Alpha Rail and was wondering if there are any rail covers/panels that I can put over the rail without having to install a rail section.  Maybe something like the KAC URX panels?  http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/urx-iii-3-1-panel-kit/?cate_cm=commercial&term=control-accessories&features=urx-iii-3-1-panel-kit
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Troy Squid grips:

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been brainstorming but most of what I have come up involves mounting rails to hold panels on. Kind of counter-productive if you ask me. I hate how if you get one drop of CLP on them, they feel greasy for the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I used 2 Troy rail covers on the wife's gun.  Just use the mounting hardware for the rail sections, mark and drill the holes in the panels and install them. No need to add the sections of rails.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used 2 Troy rail covers on the wife's gun.  Just use the mounting hardware for the rail sections, mark and drill the holes in the panels and install them. No need to add the sections of rails.

What did you use for backers to hold the rails onto inside the rail?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

do you have any pics? thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I can send you a couple of pictures if you send me your email. I used the supplied rail hardware(screws and attachment mount). First I trimmed off the lip where the rail cover would normally slide on the rail so the cover would sit closer to the hand guard.  Next I used the larger of the rail section attachments and marked my holes. I drilled 2 holes on each piece and then used a larger drill bit so the screws set kind of flush.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can send you a couple of pictures if you send me your email. I used the supplied rail hardware(screws and attachment mount). First I trimmed off the lip where the rail cover would normally slide on the rail so the cover would sit closer to the hand guard.  Next I used the larger of the rail section attachments and marked my holes. I drilled 2 holes on each piece and then used a larger drill bit so the screws set kind of flush.

Why don't you just post it here? You don't want anyone to steal your style/idea?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope, not worried about people using the idea just unsure how to post the pics. You have to hotlink them correct?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nope, not worried about people using the idea just unsure how to post the pics. You have to hotlink them correct?

Open up a Photobucket account. Upload your pics there. Go to "view links". Look for the one that says IMG. Copy and paste here on your next post.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah like that, but a little different. My cover sit closer to the hand guard and i used the Troy supplied screws.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top