Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 11:01:11 AM EDT
Took the rifle out of the box and checked everything out. It all looked good. Shot a magazine throughout no problem. Two shots into the second mag, it did not eject and tried loading the next round. I tried different rounds in different mags. Pmag and USGI. Same result. I was able to go through a whole mag by pressing the forward assist before every shot. I don't know what is going on. Sometimes it will go 5-6 rounds no problem with out the forward assist and the fail to eject. Please give me your input on what could be causing this.

Thanks,
Petey8
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you properly clean the gun and lube it before shooting it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#2]
No we did not. There seemed to be a lube on it out of the box but I guess that was just for shipping. Will clean, lube and update. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No we did not. There seemed to be a lube on it out of the box but I guess that was just for shipping. Will clean, lube and update. Thank you.

Well, that's not "lube" in the normal sense.  It's a thick preservative commonly referred to as "cosmoline" but it isn't exactly that.  It's a wax type preservative and can gunk up in moving parts, the instruction suggest removing it first.  This may or may not be your problem, but any gun should always be cleaned prior to use because this stuff is very common on new guns.  Cleaning the gun also makes sure that any foreign objects in the bore or receivers get removed; I'm a server in a restaurant and we find goofy things in food a few times a month, it probably happens in the packing of guns, too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
try cleaning first,

then go t the extractor, take it off the bolt and see if the spring is broken
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, clean it first and try again. My buddy just picked up an M400 a couple weeks ago and I cleaned it for him. The stuff I cleaned out of it was a thick and sticky preservative, not oil.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Cleaned and lubed. Went through two mags no problem. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cleaned and lubed. Went through two mags no problem. Thanks for the advice.

Great, hopefully that was the problem!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Manufacturing oils and lubes. It was definitely not cosmoline.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely clean her up and properly lube. Use good ammo. Mine failed using Federal 100 round bulk pack from Walmart combined with a PMAG. Cycled fine with a Lancer AWM. From now on I run PMC Bronze 55grain. No fails even with the same PMAG.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Oils well that ends well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh my God...!
     Is everybody ok...?

LOL...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Noobs....is cleaning and lubing not done on a new rifle? New rifle, take it apart clean and lube bcg, fcg and upper. Kids these days....lol enjoy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top