Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2012 12:11:04 PM EDT
First Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Please forgive if you feel this is a stupid question.
Im looking for opinions on Who makes the Best Bore Mops?
The reason I am asking is because I usually use the Dewey Bore Mops because they seem to leave slightly less lint in the Barrel compared to some of the other Bore Mops.(Hoppes seem to leave quite a bit of lint)
One problem with the Dewey's is that there .30 Caliber Mops are fine for my 9mm pistols but they are slightly to tight for my 300 Blackout and .30 Caliber Rifles.
If I could get some opinions on which company you guys think have the best (High Quality/Less Lint) Bore Mops?

Thanks Much, I appreciate the feedback.
God Bless
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the cotton/fabric patches you push through the bore, or the fuzzy brush you actually screw into the cleaning rod? I only ask because I've never seen anyone use the fuzzy brushes on anything other than shotguns and black powder rifles.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never used a mop on my AR. I just boresnake it 3-4 times and call it a day.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you just get a caliber specific jag and be done with it?  Then instead of pushing a dirty mop through your barrel, you change the patch on the jag?

A decent brass jag probably costs less than 2 mops.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Remington bore Squeeg-E

Find at your nearest retailer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I am very happy with the Patch Worm

Rimfire through 12 gauge.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top