Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2012 6:27:56 AM EDT
Was curious if anyone knew how many pounds a basic trigger from a PSA LPK is. I put one in my recent build and it does not seem to be any heavier than the LWRC enhanced trigger group I have in my LWRC M6A2. I dry fired them back to back a few times and honestly can't tell a difference. Both are smooth according to my feel and not very hard to pull back. Are expensive triggers over rated , or is the LWRC one I have just not as good as the higher end triggers?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure the higher end triggers are better. Smoother, lighter pull. Quicker reset, less take up.
You have to decide what you are looking for in a trigger.
Nothing is as dependable as a mil spec fcg.
Dave N
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Was curious if anyone knew how many pounds a basic trigger from a PSA LPK is.

Never measured on but I would be shocked if it were less than minimum mil-spec (5.5 lbs).

Quoted:

I put one in my recent build and it does not seem to be any
heavier than the LWRC enhanced trigger group I have in my LWRC M6A2. I
dry fired them back to back a few times and honestly can't tell a
difference. Both are smooth according to my feel and not very hard to
pull back.
The LWRC makes no guarantees as to its pull weight. It just says it's smooth so it's pull weight won't be less than min mil-spec requirements. Saying a trigger "is not very hard to pull back" is completely subjective based upon what you're used to. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Quoted:

Are expensive triggers over rated , or is the LWRC one I have
just not as good as the higher end triggers?
If by "expensive" triggers you're referring to ones that cost around $200 and up, IMHO they are not overrated. Triggers like the Geissele SSA-e are guaranteed to be super smooth and break at a specific weight (e.g. 3.5 lbs) unless they're pull weight is adjustable.

I've had 8 different stock triggers (right from LPKs or with the complete rifle) from DD, PSA, Bushmaster, DPMS and Colt. They all varied slightly in terms of pull weight and feel (gritty vs. smooth) but I just finished replacing all of them with with Geisseles (SSA and SSA-E) and it was worth every penny. The pull weights between them (same triggers) are consistent and smooth.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was curious if anyone knew how many pounds a basic trigger from a PSA LPK is. I put one in my recent build and it does not seem to be any heavier than the LWRC enhanced trigger group I have in my LWRC M6A2. I dry fired them back to back a few times and honestly can't tell a difference. Both are smooth according to my feel and not very hard to pull back. Are expensive triggers over rated , or is the LWRC one I have just not as good as the higher end triggers?

I'm with you, my PSA LPK has a fantastic trigger.  It is really short, I have never once thought it was too heavy, and it is smooth and breaks cleanly.  I have never shot an AR15 besides the one built with that LPK, but I see absolutely NO reason to 'upgrade' to anything else.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm with you, my PSA LPK has a fantastic trigger.  It is really short, I have never once thought it was too heavy, and it is smooth and breaks cleanly. I have never shot an AR15 besides the one built with that LPK, but I see absolutely NO reason to 'upgrade' to anything else.
So...you've only shot one AR15 and you've only tried a PSA LPK. That's you're baseline and if you're happy with it, more power to ya but we often don't know what we're missing until we try something better. Subjective things like trigger pull weight are all a matter of perspective and experience. Your trigger could be 6 lbs and for your finger, that's fine but I guarantee if you tried a 3.5 or 4.5 trigger with very little creep and over travel, you would notice the difference.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The standard LPK will range from 5.5 to 8.5 pounds and have a fair amount of take up and long reset.  I've tried several after market triggers and like the JP Enterprises single stage.  I have one on my 300 BLK that's set right at 3.5 pounds with almost zero take up and about 1/8" reset.  Don't get me wrong, the Geissele and Timney are great triggers.  It really comes down to personal preference.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't get me wrong , I am definately not opposed to trying a different trigger in the near future. I think I was just more disappointed in the more expensive LWRC enhanced trigger compared to the cheaper PSA trigger. Both are good in my opinion , not saying there isn't anything better because I'm sure there is. I will most likely get a Geissele for this latest build but I figured I would save $250 on the  up front cost just to complete the rifle and run the PSA trigger the LPK came with for now. Maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top