Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2012 5:31:50 AM EDT
I've never changed stocks on my ARs and just want to make sure I won't run into any problems:
I have a Noveske SPR with a VLTOR adjustable stock on it and a DD v1 with a Magpul CTR. My plan is to purchase a Palmetto State Armory A2 stock to put on the Noveske and move the VLTOR to the Daniel Defense. Will I need to purchase a rifle length buffer tube and spring for the Noveske when I do this? Is there anything else I'm missing here?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#1]
New tube, new spring, new buffer.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. A couple follow up questions:
Do you have any recommendations for where to buy those components?

Those would be for a rifle length stock, correct (for the fixed stock on the SPR)?

I'm assuming for the CTR and VLTOR I can just swap out the "shell" of the stock?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I buy my parts from brownels and midway. they are always great and ship fast.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
All rifle beffer tubes are A1 length. You will need the A2 spacer and A2 length top screw.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
don't forget to order a new rear take down detent spring for when you pull off the castle nut and end plate and mess the spring up

unless you have already tapped and inserted a set screw in the detent hole. link here link
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
don't forget to order a new rear take down detent spring for when you pull off the castle nut and end plate and mess the spring up

unless you have already tapped and inserted a set screw in the detent hole. link here link

Lol. I swapped my collapsible for the new magpul fixed stock yesterday. Had to cut a couple of coils off the detent spring when I reassembled. I didn't realize that it was a common occurrence.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top