Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2012 2:43:17 PM EDT
I used to not be able to understand why people would pay so much for a Colt product, especially the ridiculously priced lower receivers ($600 for a new colt m4 lower half!!???) There is some guy trying to sell the older "restricted" LE lower for $1500!! lol. Now all of a sudden the Colt retardation is effecting me and I want one...any one, pre ban, post ban, M4, A2..etc Should I just save up and buy one or will this Colt fever wear off and Ill go back to normal?
That damn little pony
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a restricted LE/Mil lower that I'd trade for a new LE6920 lower.
Not a big deal to me. I'd rather have the .154 FCG pins than the 'heavy duty' .170 pins anyway.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt's are running $1100 for a complete 6920. I don't think that is a bad price at all considering the qualify of the parts involved. If you are just after a lower I think there are more cost effective mil-spec options available.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Colts are pretty cheap right now for the quality you get like the above post said for $1k you can get a 6920, can't think of anything to beat it at that price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
You don 't have Colt retardation...you just have regular retardation.....

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to think Colt was bullshit too but when you factor in the parts quality and support from a company that's probably sticking around, its probably worth it.

Normal pins, no stupid front take down pin, M16 carriers, M4 marked lowers.  They've come a long way.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
It got to me as well.  

I have a Bushmaster that I bought around 2006 and I have an RRA build going.  Lately I got the itch for a Colt and I'm halfway there.  I got the barreled upper and the buttstock.  I'm just waiting for the right lower to show up on the EE.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
In the past I only bought Colt's when I knew I could turn around and profit from it, or I got a super deal on what I needed.

1st time was an SP1 I found in a pawn shop for $450 that I sold for $1500 and two upper halves.  Bought the Colt label only because of other's Colt retardation.

2nd time I found a 9mm LEO stripped lower and bought it to build a 9mm AR from a kit. They were cheap and I liked that it said 9mm. Plus at the time nobody was wanting to touch LEO stuff because the ban had just lifted and it was still unclear to some if they were legal to own.

3rd was the most recent. Walked into Wal Mart and saw an M4 marked Colt. Couldn't leave without it. I went FULL RETARD, you never come back from going FULL RETARD
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_119/1064701_RatWorx_Black_Friday_Colt_complete_LE_lowers__485_shipped.html

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...Should I just save up and buy one or will this Colt fever wear off and Ill go back to normal?
That damn little pony

Yes, you got the Colt fever and it will never wear off until you buy a few.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm really digging the AR6720 Lightweight.

NYH.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I used to not be able to understand why people would pay so much for a Colt product, especially the ridiculously priced lower receivers ($600 for a new colt m4 lower half!!???) There is some guy trying to sell the older "restricted" LE lower for $1500!! lol. Now all of a sudden the Colt retardation is effecting me and I want one...any one, pre ban, post ban, M4, A2..etc Should I just save up and buy one or will this Colt fever wear off and Ill go back to normal?
That damn little pony

Some people trade on the name and charge ultra high prices.  ::shrug:: it's the name of the game.  

I've never paid over $1,100 for a Colt rifle - and my last was in 2010.  I will probably break that soon because I've had my eye on one of the SOCOM Is as a gift to myself, but I digress.  

Then again, I surf the EE, drop in to pawn shops, and buy used almost always.  

Buy a Colt, you'll thank yourself.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:15:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Like M4builder, I also have a barely used restricted Colt LE/Mil lower that I'd trade for a new lower by a good company (Colt, Noveske, KAC, etc.), since I also would rather have the .154 FCG pins than the 'heavy duty' .170 pins.  I don't see why people try to gouge for these––other than that they might be a bit more rare/collectible at some point...or they may like the heavy duty large pins.
I prefer being able to interchange with my other ARs (I once stuck a small pin Spikes Trigger in my Colt on accident and caused doubling).

That said, I have a Geissele large-pin SSA trigger in there, which I don't even think they make any more (have the old Colt trigger, too), so that would drive my price up since I'd have to buy a new one.   :o)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top